World Baseball Classic

World Baseball Classic - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 25th Mar, 2006 - 12:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
8th Mar, 2006 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

World Baseball Classic

Has anyone been following the first World Baseball Classic that is going on right now? I have mixed emotions about the tournament. On one hand, it is great to see these countries being represented by top class baseball players. I mean some of these teams are ridiculous when you see the amount of talent on them. On the other hand, the tournament seems to be interfering with Spring training, and a lot of players opted not to participate because of this. Maybe it would be better served to have the classic at the end of the MLB season, but then I could see pros and cons to that approach as well. In any case, the favorites are currently the Dominican Republic and USA, but Japan and Puerto Rico are making a name for themselves also. For more info on the tournament, check the official website:

https://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/2006/index.jsp

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 8th Mar, 2006 - 9:13pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2006 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Classic Baseball World

CANADA STUNS U.S. AT WBC

Canada pulled off a shocker at the World Baseball Classic, riding the arm of Adam Loewen to an 8-6 victory over the powerful United States.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca

10th Mar, 2006 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

World Baseball Classic Sports & Fashion Music Movies

A day after Canada pulls off an upset of the USA, they lose to Mexico. So Pool B is back up for grabs now. USA plays South Africa March 10th and SHOULD be able to beat them handily. This would give the USA 2 wins and 1 loss. Canada is done with 2 wins and 1 loss, but the 1 loss was to Mexico, who lost to the USA. South Africa is already out of it. Only 2 teams get through. If the USA wins tomorrow, they are automatically in. If the USA loses, Canada is in. Looks like Mexico is in regardless. Sorry to harp on Pool B but it seems to be the most interesting right now. Pool A is already complete with Japan and Korea advancing. Pool C looks like its going to Dominican Republic handily.

17th Mar, 2006 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

Classic Baseball World

Well the USA is certainly eating some humble pie here:

QUOTE (Yahoo Alert)
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) The United States loses 2-1 to Mexico and is eliminated from the World Baseball Classic.

I am sure a lot of Baseball fans who are not in the USA are having a good grin at this.

17th Mar, 2006 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

Classic Baseball World

Yes, it was certainly a disappointing run for the US baseball team. To be honest, they looked shaky all through the tournament, so it was probably best they exited early and save themselves the embarrassment of being destroyed in the later rounds. Derek Lee missed yesterday's game against Mexico with an injury he suffered in an earlier game, and this was a big loss to the offense, which was apparent in the low score they posted. My pick to win it all now is the Dominican Republic.

22nd Mar, 2006 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

World Baseball Classic

Japan ended up winning the inaugural World Baseball Classic, defeating Cuba 10-6. Ichiro Suzuki led the Japanese team to victory with a 2-4 night with 1 RBI and 3 runs scored. I know Cuba was disappointed to not have met the US in the finals instead, but they have to be pleased with the team's performance nonetheless. Fidel Castro has long told the world that his team is superior, and they have proven it over the years winning many major international competitions. However, this Classic rightfully belonged to Japan.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Mar, 2006 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

World Baseball Classic

That is what you guys get for teaching the Japanese how to play Baseball! This sport is getting more recognition, but I wonder if it is greater internationally than the Cricket World Cup?

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2006 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

World Baseball Classic
A Friend

World Baseball Classic Movies Music Fashion & Sports

It would be tough to say that the US had a corner on the baseball market, due to the large amount of non-US players currently in the league. In fact, a great majority of the stars are not americans. I was really not surprised by the outcome, Japan has put forth some seriously good players recently in the Major league. I was more surprised that the Dominican republic did not last longer being that so many great players come out of there.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: World Baseball Classic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,