The Second Great Depression - Page 5 of 21

I may be the omly crazy one but I think everything - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Sep, 2008 - 10:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (21) »
The Second Great Depression US Economy worst now than it was in the First Great Depression - what are your thoughts?
Post Date: 26th Sep, 2008 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

The Second Great Depression
A Friend

The Second Great Depression - Page 5

I too can take hit on my property value. I owe just a little more than half of what it is worth but I am sure that I will continue to see the amount I owe go down.

FarSeer I hope that you can recover in your new bank and that all is well with you.

Sponsored Links:
27th Sep, 2008 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Depression Great The

It's no problem - JP Morgan Chase is promising a "seamless" transition for WaMu customers, so we'll see how it goes. My ATM worked this morning.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2008 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Second Great Depression History & Civil Business Politics

They will just keep printing up money. Yah, everyone will be able to get their money, but the more they print the less purchasing power it will have.

The FDIC has only 50 billion. I have learned that is not true considering they can just print up more money.

The dollar may not be worth much soon, but I have to step back and look at things again. Everyone will get their money up to 100 thousand, but what will it be worth?

What an amazing time to be alive.

27th Sep, 2008 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Depression Great The

I read something recently that said the FDIC, which insures our bank deposits up to $100,000.00, may itself need a bailout of over $150 billion. That's when the panic will go ballistic. The news stated that WaMu failed because "panicked" investors withdrew over $18 billion from their reserves. So, in effect, the investors are blamed, rather than the system, because if they had just left their money where it was, there would be no failure. Nice, eh?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2008 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Depression Great The

Well I think if they continue the bailouts it is going to get a lot worse. I have a feeling that Wachovia is the next bank to go down. Who is going to buy them out?

27th Sep, 2008 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Interesting that they are talking about Wachovia, because they just took over World Bank earlier in the year, AND A.G. Edwards investment house just 3 months ago! What happened to all those reserves?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2008 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Great Depression - Page 5

I think that wachovia bank has squandered their investments and revenue capability they acquired by the take overs.

27th Sep, 2008 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

The Great Depression Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

I may be the omly crazy one but I think everything will workout in the end and everything will go back to normal.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: The Second Great Depression

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,