The Second Great Depression - Page 6 of 21

Pull your money out of the bank. There will - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Sep, 2008 - 5:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (21) »
The Second Great Depression US Economy worst now than it was in the First Great Depression - what are your thoughts?
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2008 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Second Great Depression - Page 6

Breakthrough?

Congressional lawmakers say a "breakthrough" has been reached on a proposed economic bailout deal.
Ref. CNN

Sponsored Links:
29th Sep, 2008 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Depression Great The

Anyone feel the US boat sinking yet?

QUOTE (BBC)
The US House of Representatives rejects a $700bn package intended to bail out Wall Street and ease the world financial crisis.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

29th Sep, 2008 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

The Second Great Depression History & Civil Business Politics

That is insane if the market needs to rebalanced then we need to let it in a more controlled fashion.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

29th Sep, 2008 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Depression Great The

Excuse me? The market needs to correct itself without government interference. This is how a "free market economy" is supposed to work, and if the "Powers That Be" keep propping it up with *taxpayer* money and money created out of thin air, it will keep failing, over and over and over, until it crashes completely. Let it correct itself without interference, and let the big-salary corporate big-wigs take the hit - not the American Taxpayer.

It's now spreading across the globe, with 4 banks in the UK failing over the weekend, and I'm sure there are plenty more not being reported.

The economy - whether it's the US, the UK, the EU, or whatever - cannot continue to grow and grow and grow unabated forever and ever, amen. It's unsustainable. There have to be periods of contraction, boom and bust, it goes in cycles. When those power/money-hungry types forget this simple principle is when the problems start happening. And it's completely unfair for them to rake in the profits while the taxpayers end up paying the debts. Not right, any way you look at it.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

30th Sep, 2008 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Depression Great The

What I mean is if all regulation tarrifs and import taxs are suddenly removed on the open market it would swing widely. This would cause greater havoc, but if these thing are slowly eased back it would make the transition easier for all involved.

As far as the banks go well look at the lending practice the lend people monies that are so over debited to start that even a 5% movement in pricing means large amounts of monies you have to cough up just to hold onto your house. Worse still is so many are so short sighted in the investment that they do not realize just keep paying as in the end you will be in the black. Hard to think that way when all you have invested is nothing or little. The you think well dump this hole and buy a different house at a much lower cost and will be ens or hundreds of thousands ahead of the game.

Canad traditionally has had better lending practices but of late are falling in line with Britain and USA with the high ratio mortgages as other wise few would be able to save up the down payment. Then perhaps only issue is the market has been over inflated by the banks which in turn has lined their pockets with gold. Increase prices increases mortgage interest paid.

Now it all blows in their face big surprise. As long as there is greed this will continue in its cycle.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2008 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

The Second Great Depression
A Friend

They want the dollar to collapse. It is a controlled demolition.

As far as the markets and money is concerned... well I will just endorse Farseer on this one. It will save some time

No offence but most of you don't understand what our founding fathers said an meant by the constitution. The market system is supposed to rule. The government should be involved with a few regulations to keep the crooks down but that is it. Instead they have become crooks. This is not the way America was supposed to be run.

I have been feeling the ship sinking for a long time. All of the people that laughed at what I said, behind my back, are becoming my best friends. I ignore them, "or say I told you so, who is crazy now". It is not a conspiracy theory anymore. laugh.gif Sorry but it may be the only satisfaction I get out of the whole thing. They were such Jack!@# before and I am sure they still are.

Once again, tin foil hat off.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 30th Sep, 2008 - 3:01am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2008 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Great Depression - Page 6

I am slowly stocking up on things. I need more bullets to be sure. smile.gif

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2008 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Great Depression Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Pull your money out of the bank. There will be a run on the bank soon (2 weeks). Get what you need right now. Buy some things now that will actually be worth something. The banks will run out of money.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 30th Sep, 2008 - 5:38pm

> TOPIC: The Second Great Depression

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,