The Second Great Depression - Page 7 of 21

A Solution? Senators have approved a revised - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2008 - 1:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (21) »
The Second Great Depression US Economy worst now than it was in the First Great Depression - what are your thoughts?
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2008 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

The Second Great Depression
A Friend

The Second Great Depression - Page 7

I do not have enough in the bank to pull out. I live pay check to pay check right now. I am wondering if Congress will actually listen to the people who have told them not to use taxpayer money to bail out the banks.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2008 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Depression Great The

I think that you may still be under the impression that these crooks care.

On the other hand the house put up an excellent fight. I am deeply impressed with this. I didn't think they would. Looks like some of our government still listens to the people. This has taken some courage that I didn't think they had.

I need to post some links. Email your congressman/women about your distress over the situation. Or call your local representatives. Make it short and sweet.

Keep track of the people that voted against the bail out. They may become targets. If they take care of us then we should remember to take care of them. They are in one heck of a scarey Arena right now.

30th Sep, 2008 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

The Second Great Depression History & Civil Business Politics

You are right on the money we do need to look after those that stuck their necks out. If you really think money will be worthless then buy land and a good gun and plant food. Start canning stocking up.

I agree bug the local office hourly every day just because you can it is they only power we have.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

30th Sep, 2008 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Depression Great The

Anyone feel the US boat sinking yet?

The sad thing is that we are going to take all the other little boats down with us. Anyone who thinks that a failed US economy is not going to affect the rest of the world will probably be in for a surprise.

The government caused this mess and government involvement is going to make it worse in the long run.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2008 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Depression Great The

The market would probably be just fine if they left it alone, downsized the government, pulled our troops home, and the crooks of corse should be hunted down and brought to trial. If we did that we would not have such a severe up coming depression. Perhaps we could save the dollar if more people would at least wake up to this small part of what is going on.

Unfortunately most Americans are more concerned about who is going to win American Idol.

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2008 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Current Events Could make the World a Better Place

Congress has lurched back and forth on the bail-out bill or, as we are now supposed to say a "rescue," coming down on the side of defeating the current version Monday afternoon. However, it was clear over the weekend that, no matter how this all ends, the financial world has fundamentally changed.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi made the pithiest assessment of the post-bailout bill, "The party is over." Many people, particularly conservatives deign to differ. Joe Scarborough on MSNBC's Morning Joe and guest Pat Buchanan maintained that 'the party is just beginning," claiming that the financial markets were going to have a field day with the infusion of billions in cash.
Ref. Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2008 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Great Depression - Page 7

I have and I always will contact my congressmen and let them know that I disagree with this bailout plan. I think the government should get out of it and stay out of it and let the chips fall as they may.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2008 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Great Depression Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

A Solution?

Senators have approved a revised version of the $700bn rescue package for the US financial sector - which now returns to the House.
Ref. CNN

> TOPIC: The Second Great Depression

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,