Reasons For Killing Superman

Reasons Killing Superman - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 17th Mar, 2006 - 12:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th Mar, 2006 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

Reasons for Killing Superman

The following link gives a good summary into the Reasons for Killing Superman and then of course bringing him back to life:

One story, however, while suffering from the same reasons for temporarily "killing" a character, began with the premise of the death and return, sparing the necessity of positing time-travel rescues, self-sacrificing blobs of Silly Putty, coma, body substitution, or the elements of the resurrection formula. We find an altogether superior treatment of the subject of the superhero death in the "Death of Superman;" and in its undoing, the writers did nothing to cheapen the story that went before.
Ref. https://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/niven/...lvin/rdd07.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2006 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Superman Killing Reasons

I thought that killing off Superman was a great story twist. DC comics in one fell swoop opened the door for 'beta testing' new Superman prototypes, renewing interest in the super hero, and creating new character and plot line spin offs. This also opened the door for hundreds of new story lines related to this epic battle and allowed us to better understand the anatomy of Superman. I wasn't a big DC fan until this story line and stayed with it for several months. I even dropped back in to see the two continuing of shoot story lines regarding the return of doomsday, the origins of doomsday, and even later, after doomsday was thought dead, the further fight to stop him.

> TOPIC: Reasons For Killing Superman

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,