Air Bags

Air Bags - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Mar, 2006 - 6:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2006 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Air Bags
A Friend

Air Bags

It seems like all cars these days come with air bags. Air bags are responsible for saving lives. But at the same time they are responsible for causing serious injury or even death. Has anyone ever had a air bag deploy in a accident And if so. What was it like . I read in articles , that they deploy at speeds of 100 mph. That's a lot of force.

Reconcile Edited: Darius on 18th Mar, 2006 - 5:57pm

Sponsored Links:
18th Mar, 2006 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Bags Air

My wife was in a car accident back when we were dating and her airbag deployed. She had a laceration on her face from the force of the airbag deploying. I have also heard stories of people getting burned from the force of the impact on their skin. However, the proportion of lives saved vs injuries or those who died from air bags is still very high, so they still serve a purpose.

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2006 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

Air Bags
A Friend

Air Bags Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I was in a really bad car accident the summer before my junior year of high school. We hit another car doing about 100 mph, and there were three of us in the car. I was in the backseat, and the other two were up front. Well, both of their air bags deployed.

The passenger was fine, and the driver had a little spot of blood on it from where her tooth chomped down on her lip from biting down that got on the air bag. Then there was me who hit the window next to me. My face was all lacerated up from the window. I think I would rather have had a run in with the air bag than with the window.

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2006 - 6:32am / Post ID: #

Air Bags
A Friend

Bags Air

While there have been some cases of the air bag causing more injury that the accident, I think the great majority of air bags save lives. I would rather take my chances with an air bag than with out. I don't know anyone thats been in an accident with an air bag, but I read stories about air bags saving lives all the time, but rarely come across a story in which the air bag was the cause of death.

> TOPIC: Air Bags

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,