Drinking Age Laws & Soldiers

Drinking Age Laws Soldiers - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Mar, 2006 - 2:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Old Enough To Die, Where's My Drink?
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2006 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Does this line sound familiar to you. If I'm old enough to die for my country. Then I should be old enough to have a drink. ( alcoholic beverage) I get so tired of hearing my soldier's say this. I don't make the rules , that's out of my control. Do you think the drinking age should be lowered for war vets?

Message Edited!
Persephone: Changed title to reflect content.

Sponsored Links:
19th Mar, 2006 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Soldiers and Laws Age Drinking

Very good question, Darius, and I can see the argument on both sides. The one side is what you have stated already. The other is that they are in a line of work, and regardless of the line of work, there are rules to follow, and restrictions, and their line of work does not exempt them from those rules, laws and restrictions. I would say my opinion is that the drinking age should not be reduced for soldiers.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2006 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Drinking Age Laws & Soldiers History & Civil Business Politics

I completely disagree. If you are old enough to die for you country, and go to war, do you not think that a maturity level has been reached for them to drink? They are old enough to be sent through boot camp, and be put on the front lines to take fire from an enemy they don't know and often don't understand, but they cannot drink alcohol? How does that sound right? Rules are there for a reason, in this case, because kids under 21 are usually not mature enough to be able to drink responsibly. However, I think that if you go through war, you come out a man. A man responsible enough to make decisions for himself, like drinking. To say you are old enough to kill a man, but you cannot drink just sound ridiculous to me. Just my opinion though.

> TOPIC: Drinking Age Laws & Soldiers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,