The Gift Of Adhd

The Gift Adhd - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Oct, 2012 - 6:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

The Gift Of Adhd
A Friend

The Gift Of Adhd

The Gift of ADHD

Many people look at having ADD or ADHD as a curse or something to be ashamed of, but studies have shown that there are many gifts that come with having either one. A lot of artists and CEO's are blessed with ADD or ADHD, and part of their success comes from their intuition and creativity they attribute to the "disorders."

Chief among the potential assets is creativity. A mind that flits easily from one thought to the next may not be good at mastering the material for a biology test, but the authors contend that a nonlinear mind can excel at combining ideas in new ways. "While the A students are learning the details of photosynthesis, the ADHD kids are staring out the window and wondering if it still works on a cloudy day," says Honos-Webb, a psychologist at Santa Clara University. This sort of thinking can translate in adulthood into the ideas that drive new businesses, launch innovative ad campaigns and crack scientific problems.
Sponsored Links:
18th Feb, 2006 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Adhd Gift The

That is a very good way to look at it and many a person who has dealt with ADHD relatives in the past told us the same thing. We have no doubt in the result of what Felipe, our child with ADHD, will become, it just the now part is difficult. He certainly is more gifted in some areas than others - one is with Computers - he knows more bout them than some adults!

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2012 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

The Gift Of Adhd
A Friend

The Gift Of Adhd Health & Special Psychology

What a wonderful way to look at it. I struggle with adult ADD though I am not officially diagnosed (it runs in my familyin general) and people are always getting upset with me because it appears I'm not listening to them or paying attention. What they don't understand and I can't explain to them is that looking at other things or, as in a meeting or conference or lecture, writing or typing on my computer actually helps me pay better attention to what is being said. If I had to just sit and listen I'd be lost in about ten seconds, drifting off into my own mind. I am not an auditory learner and have extreme difficulty attending auditorily. Add to it that I have CAP as well and listening to anyone in a noisy environment is almsot impossible unless I can watch their mouths. I am a visual learner. I got by in college because I wrote (by hand in those days before computers) lectures word for word which I could do without having to worry about actually absorbing them, then later I actually learned the info by reading it. Its [kind of] nice to see this as a gift rather than a curse when everyone around me gets annoyed all the time.

> TOPIC: The Gift Of Adhd

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,