Roots In France

Roots France - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 15th May, 2008 - 6:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Your ancestors
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2006 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Roots In France

Roots in France

Do you have any ancestors that originated from this country? Tell us about it here.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2006 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Roots In France
A Friend

France Roots

I know the most about my fathers side. We have french origins on my fathers side. An explorer came over from France and started somewhere in Canada. After travelling south, he finally settled in the lower state of Missouri. Our original french name was Porte' and to this day, the main familys that began an old mining town in the south of Missouri still celebrate a different found family every year. So we get an honorary invitation to the cities celebration every fifth year. I have never been, but I would love to go some time and learn more about my history. Apparently, the city still keeps family records from all over the country to keep the history of the town alive.

25th Jul, 2007 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Roots In France Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Based on my surname, some ancestors came from Normandy in 1066 to England the name underwent a change to its present form. SInce I look nothing like the Celtic hordes, I would still like to visit in the near future.

Post Date: 15th May, 2008 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

France Roots

For more information related to French History / People visit the France Index.

> TOPIC: Roots In France

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,