Unix Help

Unix Help - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2006 - 4:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2006 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Unix Help

Unix Help

If you need help with this operating system then this is the place to put it. You may also comment on the use of this programming language if you desire.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Mar, 2006 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Help Unix

I use Unix all the time. The OSX operating system used on all Macintoshes is built on it. I have delved into the command line interface (CLI) some, but not too deeply. It certainly is powerful, with a lot of specific, powerful utilities to do just about anything you can imagine. Even the command line itself is a powerful utility, with many different "flavors". 'bash' (Bourne Again SHell) is the default CLI, but it is entirely possible to use the C Shell, or Korn.

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2006 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

Unix Help
A Friend

Unix Help Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I use Unix at my job allot. We use AIX which is IBM's implementation of it. We use Korn shell on all of our systems. I have used the bourne shell in Linux and prefer the Korn shell, but that most likely due to comfort level from longer usage. I have never actually used anything but command line in Unix before, our systems have to perform for hospitals so its not even installed.

I think the hardest concept to grasp when moving from Windows or VMS is the Nested Filesystem. Its difficult to explain, but I will if there is a desire for it.

> TOPIC: Unix Help

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,