Xena: Warrior Princess

Xena Warrior Princess - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 3rd Nov, 2004 - 10:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  Xena Warrior Princess
28th Jul, 2004 - 6:42am / Post ID: #

I was just wondering if there are any fans of this cult hit? I have every episode on tape and I watch them from time to time. I also belong to a couple of Xena based forums. If there are any fans here I would enjoy discussing the show.

Xena: Warrior Princess (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2004 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

Princess Warrior Xena

I am not a super fan but I used to watch the show all the time. I loved it. I just could not stand Gabrielle, I found her to be such a waste of time rolleyes.gif I mean, she always getting in trouble. Have you played the game Xena on PlayStation?. I used to love played that game and I finally ended up finishing it. wink.gif

28th Jul, 2004 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Xena: Warrior Princess Sports & Fashion Music Movies

She had a unique character, but I think the show was on the same level of Buffy and thus failed to meet my personal expectations of seriousness. Never was one for goofy stuff.

28th Jul, 2004 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Princess Warrior Xena

Renee, you probably don't want to hear this but I always believed that Xena was made to offset the testosterone action in the Hercules series. You could say a spinoff for the female crowd. I may be wrong, but that is how I viewed it. Sorry. tongue.gif

28th Jul, 2004 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Princess Warrior Xena

QUOTE (malexander @ 28-Jul 04, 12:10 PM)
Renee, you probably don't want to hear this but I always believed that Xena was made to offset the testosterone action in the Hercules series. You could say a spinoff for the female crowd. I may be wrong, but that is how I viewed it. Sorry. tongue.gif

I totally agree with you most woman I knew who watched the show secretly wanted to be able to kick butt the way Xena did, me included. I know that Gabrielle was kind of annoying at times but if you watched the entire series then you know that she really grew into a fine warrior. She became the Amazon Queen and in the finale she fought as well as Xena when she was trying to get Xena's ashes to the fountain of life. Many fan in the Xenaverse were very upset be the finale. I could talk about it forever but it's starting to storm here so I need to go.

28th Jul, 2004 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Many fan in the Xenaverse were very upset be the finale.

What happened that had everyone so upset?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jul, 2004 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Xena Warrior Princess

It was a 2 part episode called "Friends In Need" in which Xena was killed by being decapitated. She had to die to free some lost souls. Gabrielle took her body back to the Amazons who in their tradition cremated it. Gabrielle then found out about a fountain at the top of Mt. Fuji that could resurrect the dead, but only if the ashes were placed in there before the sun set the day after death. So, Gabrielle races to get the ashes there and nearly is killed doing so. Just as she is about to pour the ashes in the spirit of Xena comes to her and stops her. She says she must remain dead for the spirits to remain free. You see the heartbreak on Gabrielle's face as she sits beside the spirit of her friend as the sun sets. cry.gif
Many fans felt very cheated as did I. We all wanted to see the two friends sail off together. So that we could imagine they would have more adventures. Instead it left me feeling very empty and wondering why they(TPTB) would have ended such a great show like this. Fans had hoped that there could at least be some movies in the future, but that was gone in the last minutes of our favorite show.
Sorry for the length of this post, I can go on a bit I know.

3rd Nov, 2004 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Xena Warrior Princess Movies Music Fashion & Sports

QUOTE (malexander @ 28-Jul 04, 12:10 PM)

I thought Hercules was made after Xena... wasn't it?

Yeah, I used to watch it too, and liked it alot (Xena more than Hercules) And you cannot say it's to offset testosterone, because I'm a male.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Xena: Warrior Princess

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,