Define Maturity - Page 2 of 3

How “Quickly Forgotten” Early Life Experiences - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 16th Aug, 2016 - 5:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Being mature - wise - wisdom
Post Date: 7th May, 2010 - 10:14am / Post ID: #

Define Maturity - Page 2

Name: JPL

Comments:

international QUOTE ("LDS_forever")
1. What is your definition of a "mature" person?

Willing to help others instead of yourself.

international QUOTE
2. Is "maturity" linked somehow to age?

yes, to a point, because we all depend upon our parents at birth. One of the signs of maturity is when you help your parents.
international QUOTE

3. Are you really mature if you describe yourself as such?

No, because maturity is a path we all take, and some are further along the path than others. If you stop on the path, you tend to be judgmental of others hence demonstrating your immaturiry.

Sponsored Links:
7th May, 2010 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Maturity Define

I wonder if the loss of innocence plays a role in maturity. It seems to have some correlation though I'm not sure.

24th May, 2010 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Define Maturity Health & Special Psychology

1. What is your definition of a "mature" person?
I think to a large extent, maturity can come down to something as simple as knowing when things are and are not appropriate to do or say - how to behave. To be responsible when it is time to do so, to take care of things that are a necessity, sacrificing what you WANT to do, in favor of what you HAVE to do.

2. Is "maturity" linked somehow to age?
Of course it is, as age is synonymous with experience, and hopefully, learning and applying what is learned is, as well.

3. Are you really mature if you describe yourself as such?
As with all things, in some cases yes, in some no. Just like you can say you're cool, but you may not be. You can say you're cool, and you may very well be. It will depend on who you're among, what the situation is, what YOU consider mature, etc. Being mature includes the ability to make pragmatic observations so there's nothing that rules out being able to identify oneself as mature.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2010 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Maturity Define

Name: Sal

Comments: I think the person above gave a good view on how to define maturity but this one is my favorite from Wikipedia;

international QUOTE
"Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate and adaptive manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctual, and is not determined by one's age."

Best part about it is learned so if you are not mature you have not yet learned how to be mature.

12th Aug, 2010 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Maturity Define

One thing of recent I have seen is the ability to control one's self on all levels. For instance you can be 'mature' when everything is going well for you, but placed in a situation where there is a challenge and immediately there is a break down and the result is very 'immature' actions. I think in reality the person truly shows their maturity in these situations and not the front they put when everything is taken well.

A very basic example of this is the moderation system here. When someone is moderated they choose how to react to it. Mature users just move on or are happy that their mistakes are corrected for them. Immature users become irate and very disrespectful to the same Rules they agreed to before joining.

One thing is for sure about a defining moment of maturity and that is your ability to accept that you cannot have everyone agree with you, be your friend, take responsibility or act in the way you expect it. Once you can accept that you have checked one of the Maturity boxes off for sure.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2010 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Define Maturity
A Friend

Define Maturity

That is well put [JB]. I think you are very correct in the face of things not going your way is when you see the true side of the person come out. The way they react and carry them selves is a true sign if they are mature or not. Throwing themselves to the ground in a tantrum can be a sure sign they have a long ways to go. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2010 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Define Maturity - Page 2

Name: JRE

Comments: I think maturity is defined by experience, confidence and understanding ones self... Knowledge is key and knowing who you are guides you in making mature choices. Not all adults are mature. Its not about age its about brain, however I think maturity is based on more physical appearances than philosophy, for example some one who loves to dance or is a sporting enthusiast may be considered immature based on how other people they may associate with may act or behave, but psychologically, they may be more advanced than their peers.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2016 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Define Maturity Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

How “Quickly Forgotten” Early Life Experiences Mature the Brain

Critical period for learning how to remember events ID’d in rat experiments

Ever wonder why we can’t remember much from our first few years of life? It turns out that those early experiences leave lasting memory traces in our brain, but its memory circuitry hasn’t yet learned how to properly process and store them, suggest experiments in rats by NIMH grantee Christina Alberini, Ph.D. At New York University (NYU). Ref. Source 1f.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Define Maturity

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,