Psychological Vampires & Energy Vampires

Psychological Vampires Energy Vampires - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th Aug, 2013 - 5:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Top  Psychological Vampires & Energy Vampires There is another kind of Vampire among us. They do not have fangs to suck blood - their powers are different and in here I will like to Discuss their methods.
28th Aug, 2013 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

When you hear the word "Vampire" The first thought that probably comes into your mind is a person with fangs wanting a victim to suck their blood. In my short time on this planet I have come to realize that there is another kind of vampire, the real kind, that does not suck blood but they instead suck energy from their victims. These "Energy Vampires" As I like to call them, have some basic characteristics that make them identifiable:

1. You must satisfy their wants immediately
2. They need you to do things but will not necessarily do things for you
3. You are expected to 'entertain' their issues or you are made to feel like you do not care or you are bad
4. They are around you but not really aware that you are there as in you are a living person with needs also

The kind of energy Energy Vampires suck is largely psychological and it is very draining. It leaves you to the point where you do not care about anyone or anything simply because you have no energy left to be interested.

Special needs cases are very much like this. They have a need and you are expected to fulfill it regardless of your willingness or ability to do so, if not they use their methods to drain you. This may be done unknowingly by the special needs person but the effect on you is none the different - you are drained of all energy to the point of exhaustion and without feeling.

Many neuro-typicals are also like this but their actions are more specific and targeted. They calculate their actions while looking for 'weaknesses' in their victims and then capitalize on it. For instance:

A. Someone might be kind so they take advantage of that kindness
B. Someone might be very helpful so they ask them to do things for them even though they could probably do it themselves
C. Someone might be non-confrontational so they feel they can become more aggressive and insist on getting their way knowing that it is not likely they will get much resistance.

Energy Vampires of this sort are more Psychological Vampires because their work begins with 'playing' with your mind.

There is a more subtle kind of Psychological Vampire, my wife likes to mention this term sometimes - the passive aggressive kind. These kinds of Vampires often try to lure their prey in making them feel everything is OK when really they have planted many traps for them. For many, passive aggressive Psychological Vampires may be harder to detect because they try to blend into the 'crowd'. Someone that is observant, streetwise and not quick to react will be able to pick up certain signals that lets them know these kinds of vampires are around.

I have found many gullible victims following after these kinds of Vampires in the hope of being accepted or 'fitting in' but in the end the more they try to satisfy the Vampire the more they realize how much energy it takes to do so - in the end they become utterly drained.

What are your thoughts?

Psychological Vampires & Energy Vampires (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
29th Aug, 2013 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Vampires Energy and Vampires Psychological

You're talking about attention grabbers. I've never thought about them like vampires but it makes sense about the energy they tend to draw from you. I think it only works if you give them the attention they are seeking. When you don't they tend to go away, most times.

30th Aug, 2013 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Psychological Vampires & Energy Vampires Health & Special Psychology

I have actually used the term energy vampires before many times, others who can be more dramatic about it call them life suckers as in they suck the life out of you! The only sure cure to get rid of them is not to play into their dramatics. My favorite method is the smile and wave method. Pretend to listen, smile, and nod your head. I got the term from watching Madagascar the animated movie, the penguins are told to "Just smile and wave boys" While one digs a tunnel for their escape. 'Smile and Wave' those vampires away!

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 30th Aug, 2013 - 5:21am

30th Aug, 2013 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Vampires Energy and Vampires Psychological

Sometimes when you ignore them they try to make things difficult for you to ensure they get the attention they want. It's more of the interaction they're after, the fact that they are taking up your time because of them so to speak even if that interaction might be fighting or sadness.

> TOPIC: Psychological Vampires & Energy Vampires

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,