Utah Sex Trafficking

Utah Sex Trafficking - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Jul, 2016 - 1:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Utah Sex Trafficking Utah Human Trafficking
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2013 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Utah Sex Trafficking

Utah Human Trafficking

What is being done about the sex trade in Utah?

Do you know victims caught up in Sex Trafficking? Is Human Trafficking in Utah usually about people from other countries or the locals of Utah?

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2013 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Trafficking Sex Utah

Pulling victims from the sex trade, one person at a time

Utahns work to provide resources for victims of trafficking. The state has made progress, but still has a way to go. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2014 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Utah Sex Trafficking History & Civil Business Politics

Bail denied for alleged drug dealer, teen trafficker as victim list grows

Bail has been denied for the man accused of dealing drugs and trafficking teenage boys in Utah. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2014 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Trafficking Sex Utah

Arrests highlight 'prevalent' problem of human trafficking in Utah

The arrests of two people accused of forcing a woman into a cross-country trek of prostitution highlight a problem. Ref. Source 5

18th Jul, 2016 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Trafficking Sex Utah

Modern-day slavery shows up in Utah
Original Post Date: 28th Sep, 2010 - 2:37pm

I am not surprised at all. Are you? There are MANY similar cases all over the US:

international QUOTE
SALT LAKE CITY -- Federal investigators continue to build a case against a Los Angeles-based company charged with forced labor violations of Thai workers. The indictment alleges four employees with the labor recruiting company Global Horizons Manpower Inc. And two Thailand-based recruiters lured 400 workers from Thailand to work on farms across the United States. Six recruiters are accused in this case that the FBI calls the largest human-trafficking case ever charged in U.S. History. Pai Boon's story "They told us not to make any trouble. I knew right from the beginning that I didn't want to complain, so I just toughened up." - Pai Boon Some of those Thai farmers worked on southern Utah farms between 2005 and 2007. Pai Boon was one of them. He felt lucky to have the chance to live and work in America. Speaking through a translator, he tells KSL, "I thought wow; I get to work in America. I'm making this much money." Slave labor typically starts with money changing hands. "I almost lost all of my money," says Boon. "Altogether 750,000 bat, a lot of that from private lending." That's roughly $25,000 Pai Boon paid recruiters to work in the U.S. He left his wife and two kids in Thailand and flew to Seattle, Wash. "The first thing they did upon arrival at the airport," says Boon, "they took away our travel documents and passports." Boon says he thought it was strange but when he asked why they would take his travel documents, he was told it was for "safe keeping.".. Source 1z

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 9 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.9%

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Utah Sex Trafficking

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,