Anti-snitch Campaign

Anti-snitch Campaign - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Mar, 2006 - 1:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Should police informants be paid?
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2006 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Anti-snitch Campaign

Anti-snitch Campaign

This was Rayco "War" Saunders - ex-con, pro boxer and walking billboard for a street movement that has sparked a coast-to-coast beef involving everyone from professors to rappers.

Pellegrini, thinking "witness intimidation," told Saunders to lose the hat and reverse the shirt. Saunders, crying "First Amendment," refused. He left the courthouse, shirt in place. Case dismissed. "In almost every one of my homicides, this happens: 'I don't know nothin' about nothin', " the prosecutor says. "There is that attitude, 'Don't be a snitch.' And it's condoned by the community."
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-0...snitching_x.htm

Sponsored Links:
29th Mar, 2006 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Campaign Anti-snitch

I think that it is a total misconception that people shouldn't be informing to the police, most of the information that is brought before the police is not only necessary, but vital.

As the person risks not only danger to themselves, but also their immediate family by coming forward with information, why shouldn't they get paid for it?
I can understand people being infuriated by how certain people come across their information, but at the end of the day, a substantial amount of information, can save hours of police 'manpower'.
It also seems to me that most of the people that aren't happy about it, have possibly got something to hide themselves?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

29th Mar, 2006 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Anti-snitch Campaign History & Civil Business Politics

I think one of the major issues here is if they should be paid to come forward. I guess the concern could be that someone will tell a lie just to collect money. We have a 'snitch' system here and most people are for it, many do not use it still for fear of being caught as the one that snitched. I personally think it is a good idea to have a way to inform the police and be compensated for your 'time' as it were.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Anti-snitch Campaign

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,