USA Civil Unrest - Page 4 of 7

I say leave the symbols of the Confederate - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Aug, 2017 - 12:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
USA Civil Unrest USA Civil Disorder
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2017 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

USA Civil Unrest - Page 4

Used to be able to do that says a lot about our society today as whole. It is not just here in the United States but everywhere on this planet. No longer do people sit down and discuss things and find a peaceful solution to any problems. Now it is get on the news or social media and get you anger out there and get people to view the issue like you do and then go about trying to get your views as the way everything is done.
The news that people watch whether be MSNBC, Foxnews, CNN, BBC or any others is full of twisted words and twisted views so they can enrage people who do not agree with them. They also reinforce the views of those who agree with them to the point they will keep trying to convert others to their views.
I believe we have a serious issue with the way people think nowadays. I do hope that many change the way they are doing things but so far it does not look like it is going to happen. I still have and hold out on hope for all of humanity.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2017 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

Unrest Civil USA

KN,

Yeah, I think what is happening is that the networks are sensationalizing the news for ratings. They play things up to get the ratings rather than just reporting the news. When there were only three main stations and a few local stations to choose from they didn't have to sensationalize anything because there was so much less competition. Now, they have 100 other things to compete with between all the different avenues to get news. I too hope it gets better, but I fear it won't.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2017 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA Civil Unrest History & Civil Business Politics

US anti-Trump protesters facing decades behind bars. More than 200 anti-Trump protesters are facing felony charges that could land some in prison for 70 to 80 years. Source 7y.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2017 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

Page 4 Unrest Civil USA

Hmm, Al Jazeera presenting this in the best light possible for the protesters and somehow insinuating this is President Trump's fault doesn't surprise me. First, decisions carry consequences. Those protests got out of hand and people committed felonies. Those who did committed felonies will go to jail, and some for a long time.

Regarding this dehumanizing thing she speaks of, Americans have gotten soft. I'd love to take her on a tour of Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, or a half dozen other countries I've been to. I don't think she'd think what happened to her was dehumanizing any longer. In fact, in comparison she'd think it wasn't bad at all.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Unrest Civil USA

Why am I facing 75 years in prison? By threatening anti-Trump protesters with decades in prison, the state is attempting to criminalise civil disobedience. Source 2a.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest

Dennis' Latest Column

The Atlantic Publishes All You Need to Know About the Left

Last week, The Atlantic rendered a great service to those of us who contend that America is in the midst of a civil war between the right and the left. It provided a smoking gun — actually, the gunshot itself — to those of us who contend that the left (Never to be confused with liberals) is intent on dismantling Western civilization. It published articles by two left-wing writers, one by Peter Beinart titled “The Racial and Religious Paranoia of Trump’s Warsaw Speech,” and one by its national correspondent, James Fallows, written on the same theme as… Source 5n.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2017 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest - Page 4

The next Confederate battles may be waged over everything from private homes and museums to Stone Mountain. Beyond the statues being discussed by President Trump and in states across the nation, Confederate sites range from small, privately owned house museums honoring obscure soldiers to the massive bas-reliefs carved in the side of Stone Mountain, Ga., that historian Fitzhugh Brundage calls "A billboard to white nationalism.'' These places are an almost inexhaustible source of potential flash points for battles between those who want to preserve or to remove Confederate symbols. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2017 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

USA Civil Unrest Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

I say leave the symbols of the Confederate states. It is a piece of our history and we should not try to erase it at all. Having it is a reminder of what happened and what we as a nation have over come. Removing these items will be like trying to take away our past and what has made s a nation of Americans and not North or South.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: USA Civil Unrest

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,