USA Civil Unrest - Page 2 of 7

America’s Second Civil War It is time for - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Jan, 2017 - 3:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
USA Civil Unrest USA Civil Disorder
11th Nov, 2016 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest - Page 2

I think that the president elect can do more to [calm] fears by making a statement for calm, etc.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2016 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

Unrest Civil USA

I doubt that. All these protestors are against Trump and will not accept anything he says. From what I am hearing they are all hoping that on December 19th when the Electoral College actually meets and officially casts their votes that they vote Hillary in as the next president and dump trump. I think this will be a huge wake up call to all Americans and then America as we know it will forever change.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2016 - 8:13am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA Civil Unrest History & Civil Business Politics

Massive brawls break out in malls across the US:

'I just seen a bunch of flying fists and I seen the security guards getting punched and anyone that was in the way getting punched,' she said. Ref. Source 2o.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Unrest Civil USA

Streets in the core of downtown Washington were brought to a standstill Saturday by women marching to protest Donald Trump's presidency and his history of derogatory comments about women.

Protesters filled Pennsylvania Avenue, the same street Trump walked down a day before in his inaugural parade, as they moved in the direction of the White House.

Several celebrities spoke, including activist Gloria Steinem, director Michael Moore and Madonna, who welcomed participants to the "Revolution of love."

Similar protests unfolded throughout the day in New York, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Los Angeles. The marches in the United States, London and around the world amounted to a remarkable protest against Trump on his first full day in office. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

Unrest Civil USA

Yes, it's time to come together as Americans. That said, freedom of speech and the right to express it in peaceful protest are some of the rights I spent 22 years in the Army defending. I just think this is all a bit exaggerated. Heck, during his convention he put a gay man up on stage and made all those conservative Republicans cheer him after he made his speech. Will there be change, yes. Will it be it catastrophic like many think, I don't think so and I certainly hope not. And to clarify, I'm an independent with views that match both Democratic and Republican stances and no love for either of the candidates in the election.

22nd Jan, 2017 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest

Instead of the press secretary talking about these huge protests what does he choose to talk about… the inaccuracy of the news media to say that there were not as many people in his inauguration as there were in Obama. I can only sigh and hope we do not see the next 4 years like this.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

USA Civil Unrest - Page 2

international QUOTE
I think that the president elect can do more to [calm] fears by making a statement for calm, etc.

I agree with this. I would add that I think it would even be stronger if Presidents Obama and Trump appeared together to urge restraint and counsel only peaceful demonstrations and to begin constructive dialogue.

international QUOTE (Daishain)
It really seems like people have forgotten how to reach compromises these days.

Daishain,

Agreed. I remember the days when Republican President Reagan could work with Democrat Speaker O'Neil to get things done, disagree in other areas, and still have a civil discourse. I also remember Democrat President Clinton working with Republican Speaker Gingrich to get things done, although I think it was during this time that we started heading to the "We will demonize our opponents" mindset. I hate this. There is enough right and wrong on both sides to go around. I think President Obama misplayed his hand a few times with Speaker Boehner, but I also think some of the things coming from the Senate Majority Leader were beyond the Pale. I mean, he just about wished President Obama, our President, to fail.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

America’s Second Civil War

It is time for our society to acknowledge a sad truth: America is currently fighting its second Civil War. In fact, with the obvious and enormous exception of attitudes toward slavery, Americans are more divided morally, ideologically and politically today than they were during the Civil War. For that reason, just as the Great War came to be known as World War I once there was World War II, the Civil War will become known as the First Civil War when more Americans come to regard the current battle as the Second Civil War. This Second Civil War, fortunately, differs in another critically… Ref. Source 7x.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: USA Civil Unrest

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,