Tidejwe Introduction

Tidejwe Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 8th Apr, 2006 - 3:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
RM Haiti / LDS Doctrine
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2006 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Tidejwe Introduction
A Friend

Tidejwe Introduction

I'm grew up in Kaysville, UT and am going to school at Utah State University studying psychology. I met my wife in a behavior analysis class. We met in a rat lab, as lab partners...so I guess she can claim she dug me out of a rat lab! We've been married since September 2004 and had the first double-wedding (my brother got married the same day/time) in the LDS Bountiful Temple according to all the workers.

I served a 2 yr LDS mission in Haiti & speak Haitian Creole fluently, and can manage myself pretty well with French, though I can read and understand French really well, my speaking is a little shaky, and my writing of French is even more so. I went back to Haiti after my mission and spent a summer working in the orphanages there with some friends I met in college. That was great. Sadly, the mission's closed again for the 3rd time right now.

My major hobbies/interests include LDS church doctrine & history (probably my absolute biggest obsession); religious philosophy in general; bio/mechanical/genetic engineering; philosophy; psychology; computers; technology; telecommunications; social engineering; wrestling/sparring/sword-fighting; reading both fiction and intellectually stimulating non-fiction books; audio-books; learning new things; strategy games, etc.

Boy I could go on and on. I've been looking for a group/forum to have intelligent conversations in and get good input about certain things. Discuss theories, etc. Most people I associate with don't keep up on the same level of thinking/analysis I do on such topics so it is difficult to fully discuss certain things. Perhaps I will find that here. I enjoy learning from other people, and so I look forward to it. I received an invite to this site from someone on myspace, and it intrigued me, so here I am! smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2006 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Tidejwe

Welcome LDS Member

Thanks for posting your introduction message, this forum allows you to interact positively with many people on varying topics such as LDS Church news, Doctrine, the Book of Mormon, etc. The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You may wish to venture over to the LDS Deep Doctrine board or the News & RM Section and have a look around.

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2006 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,031
Flag Posts: 51,688
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,589.83 FP
Charm: 394

Tidejwe Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome to the Community. That was quite an introduction and you will find that you will fit in here nicely as all Discussion is at an Intellectual Level. Check the links that Joseph gave you and should you have any questions please ask within this Thread after reading the FAQ Board. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2006 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 226

Introduction Tidejwe

I'll add my welcome as well.

I would ask that you change your signature line. Make sure that your blog is properly identified in your profile, and anyone who is interested will click on the "WWW" link under one of your messages.

I appreciate how you are making constructive posts. I hope you will help me deal with some of the questions about baptism and the nature of God that we are currently seeing in the general Religious studies, Bible studies, and LDS studies boards.

Great to see you here.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2006 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Tidejwe Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Tidejwe

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 7-Apr 06, 8:23 AM)
I would ask that you change your signature line. Make sure that your blog is properly identified in your profile, and anyone who is interested will click on the "WWW" link under one of your messages.

Thanks for mentioning it, I just read about that in the rules as well and fixed it. I'm actually glad that's a rule...I'm so sick of spam signatures on other forums...

Now, JB--
I REALLY have to THANK YOU for letting me know about this forum...you have NO IDEA how long I've been waiting for a site like this! Those myspace forums were the best I found and they drive me nuts sometimes because people don't know what they are talking about/aren't very knowledgable, or in some cases - not very faithful (or not even LDS). I always end up feeling like I'm still missing something in those myspace forums. Finally! A forum with intelligent doctrinal conversations...this is the best news I've gotten all month!

I'm sure my wife will regret me finding that site though...j/k You have NO IDEA how obsessed I am with doctrine, history, and reasoning things out. Seriously, THANK YOU! I've scanned through the site and I LOVE IT! I wish I wasn't so busy...I'd definitely spend even more time in there than I already plan to (I was up all night tonight for example). I'm so exited that I may even eventually start donating to the site!

I am just curious...how on Earth did you find me, and why in the world did you invite ME? I haven't seen you all over the place advertising in other forums etc...this was a personal invite, why'd you target me specifically? You have no idea how badly I've been dying for a forum like yours! I have been aching for one so badly I even started my own topics like that on my blog site sometimes, and I have even emailed my discussions out to my family and friends hoping to get good insightful discussions going on certain doctrinal topics.

Thanks again JB. Thanks a ton! You have no idea!

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2006 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,031
Flag Posts: 51,688
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,589.83 FP
Charm: 394

Tidejwe Introduction

Tidejwe, thanks for posting your comments. Now the situation is not really complicated. Basically, I dread MySpace for some of the same reasons you do, but at the same time it is excellent for networking (I found you didn't I?). Basically I browse the groups looking for people I think can manage Intellectual Discussion and I contact them, because I know there are those who really want serious Discussion and not immaturities. You of course looked like one of them (mature) and so I contacted you.

My hope is that now you know 'how good it is' here that you will also invite other like minds and together we can really make the Doctrinal Discussion flow as it were. You will notice that there are many Boards here and so do not limit yourself to just Doctrine. Later, if you become enticed you may wish to Upgrade and get even more features including Mature access (see Comparison Page).

Invite your wife, we have stuff here that I am sure she will like. We are also in need of more couples to fulfill some of the topics here. Should you have any questions feel free to ask within this Thread. All the best to you.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2006 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Tidejwe Introduction

Hi Tidejwe, welcome! It's great to have you here. I also enjoy a lot discussing intellectual topics and LDS doctrine. I am LDS_forever and I am an Argentinian living in the tiny island of Trinidad and Tobago. As Nighthawk said, I would also want you to post in the Religious board, specifically with regards to baptism, we also have a Studies of Latter-Day Saints board where people who are not members of the Church post questions about it, I think you could be a great contributor on these boards but of course, the site is huge so please feel free to check it out and add your views. Thanks for coming!
LDS smile.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2006 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Tidejwe Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Greetings, Tidejwe, and welcome to the Forum! We are glad you have joined us, and really appreciate your enthusiasm for the discussions. I've spent many an hour here, browsing, posting, learning ~ and making life-long friends in the process. Hope you enjoy your time here. Looking forward to seeing more of you around the boards smile.gif

Welcome, and Enjoy!
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Tidejwe Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,