Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 
Should they be left out?
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2006 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Deities And Demigods

Deities and Demigods

What do you think about the element of Deities and Demigods in RPGing? Would you rather if they were simply left out or do you appreciate their presence in the storyline?

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2006 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Demigods Deities

I personally believe that the presence of deities and demigods within the RPG arena is very important. The games without would really lack the depth of influence for the characters and NPC's to a point that I feel the atmosphere would be changed dramatically. They do add a very needed point to nearly every good storyline.

Post Date: 21st May, 2006 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Deities And Demigods
A Friend

Deities And Demigods Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think that there can´t be a straight answer.

Firstly, deities are a must in the worlds´ history. Real deities or invented by religion, they usually are a fundamental part of the background.

But that doesn´t mean that there should be that kind of powers in the storyline. It depends on the game, characters, and kind of adventure. They can be useful, but not if the GM abuses of them.

It varies too much with the circunstances to say something definitive, I think.

17th Apr, 2008 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Demigods Deities

They give a nice influence to the game reminding the players that they are not the only invincible beings in the material world.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2008 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Deities And Demigods
A Friend

Demigods Deities

I like the use of the demigod and deities in the AD&D world. They are the ones who can come and tap your charatcter on the shoulder no matter what your lvl and tell you NO you should not do that. Then again if you send one of the greater devils to your gods home plane you effectively remove that devil from the game. smile.gif

Post Date: 4th May, 2008 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Deities And Demigods
A Friend

Deities And Demigods

I think the gods are important both for story and character motivations but also because in a realm where there are so many uneducated people religion becomes increasingly important. therefore to make a realistic high fantasy rpg you need to have religion be a factor.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jan, 2009 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Deities Demigods

I don't think I've ever seen any character reach the level of godhood. Actually I'm not much into the religious thing in any RPG but thn again I don't play the cleric either.

30th Jan, 2009 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Deities Demigods Board Card & RPG Reviews

Fighting a demigod is more interesting than trying to become one. Makes for a great scenario when you have all these religious fanatics trying to kill your character.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Deities And Demigods

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,