Michael Jordan Vs Kobe Bryant

Michael Jordan Kobe Bryant - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 11th Apr, 2006 - 7:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Who's the better player?
10th Apr, 2006 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

This discussion is aimed at finding out who is the better basketball player between the two. Here are some questions for thought:

1) Who would you pick for your team if you could only pick one, and had to play against the other?

2) Who was/is a better shooter?

3) Who had/has a better all-around game?

4) Who would win a game of one-on-one?

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2006 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Bryant Kobe Jordan Michael

Malexander, I can't believe you even put this up for Discussion. The answer to your four questions and my obvious reply is based on the picture below:

Michael Jordan Vs Kobe Bryant (Hover)

10th Apr, 2006 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

Michael Jordan Vs Kobe Bryant Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Oh come on, you can't tell me there isn't even room for discussion here. Kobe has accomplished much more than Jordan did at this stage of his career. Kobe also did not have the additional 'teaching' stage of playing in college and came into the league straight from high school. I agree that Jordan was a better player, but I think there is enough room to make an argument for Kobe as well.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 10th Apr, 2006 - 3:03am

10th Apr, 2006 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Jordan is the better player and he would be my choice because he is a team player. Basketball, like it or not Kobe, is a team sport. Kobe is a very good shooter, possibly better than Jordan. Jordan, however plays a better all-around-game and could beat Kobe one-on-one. Just a girls opinion, but I'm right. wink.gif

11th Apr, 2006 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Jordan is better in every facet of the game. I don't think there can be much argument about that.

11th Apr, 2006 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

Here is a perspective on this issue from Scottie Pippen, a long-time teammate of Michael Jordan's. He makes a valid point in that the games are played differently now that when Jordan played, so it is difficult to make the comparison.

Kobe Bryant's 81-point performance the other night against Toronto was certainly incredible, but it is unfair to try and compare what Kobe did to what Michael Jordan did in his playing career or what he could have done for that matter.

In the era when Michael played, it was a physical game. Defense was promoted. Guys took pride in it. Today defense is no longer a part of the game. Guys are driving to the basket. There are rules where you can't step in front of them.....

Kobe is as close to being like Mike as anybody, but you can't make the comparisons anymore

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Apr, 2006 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

Michael Jordan Kobe Bryant

Malexander, in my opinion ninja.gif you are fighting a losing battle here - Michael Jordan is the main man of basketball any way you take it. The rule you quoted would have only made his game even more brilliant!

11th Apr, 2006 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Michael Jordan Kobe Bryant Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I am not fighting for Kobe being the better player. I am simply encouraging some open and fair discussion on the matter. Like I said earlier, my opinion is that Jordan was/is better, but Kobe is the closest to Jordan we have seen, and his accomplishments can't be overlooked. You have to admit it would be interesting to see the 2 players go at it head-to-head just to see what the outcome would be.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Michael Jordan Vs Kobe Bryant

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,