Utah Environmental Laws - Page 2 of 3

Utah's air pollution problem: What - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 18th May, 2015 - 4:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Utah Environmental Laws Utah Environment Policies
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2015 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Utah Environmental Laws - Page 2

Air quality: Is Utah ready for the nation's toughest wood-burning ban?

The Utah Air Quality Board has proposed banning wood-burning for half the year in the most polluted areas. Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2015 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Laws Environmental Utah

First wood-burning ban hearing draws angry crowd in Tooele County

The first public hearing about the wood-burning ban proposal drew more than 150 people opposed to the ban. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2015 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Utah Environmental Laws UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Residents decry, praise proposed wood burning ban at second hearing in SLC

The second hearing on a proposed ban on residential wood burning drew crowds Thursday night. Ref. Source 4

16th Jan, 2015 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Laws Environmental Utah

Sometimes people hold on to these things but they don't care anything about the environment just tradition.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2015 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Laws Environmental Utah

2015 legislature: Air pollution looms as pressing issue for families, lawmakers

A number of measures addressing air quality will be introduced in the 2015 Legislature Ref. Source 7

28th Jan, 2015 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Utah Environmental Laws

I am no expert but have done a bit of reading on fire places and I am not sure we sometimes really understand the big pictures on heating our homes with Gas vs wood.

Gas produces more green house gases then the wood does regardless of stove type. In Utah and big cities it is the visible air quality that get the focus. So they try to limit the particulates in the air. I realise the wood burners are higher in this and the particles are small enough to lodge in the lung.

Wood by far is much cheaper then gas to heat with in my area but most are to lazy to chop and carry. So gas convince, along with the odorless by products and cheaper install price wins most over to gas.

In Quebec Canada Renaissance Fireplaces has revamped the fireplace known as the Rumford to create an ultra low emission fireplace. It to my understanding exceeds gas ones. The cost is high around 15,000 cdn and that was 5 years ago when I was looking at fireplaces. But could devices like this be the better solution to smog ridden cities and a huge reduction in green house gas. My only concern is could we realistically produce enough wood to heat home while maintaining our paper and lumber industries.

Here is a link to the manufacture;

Rumford revamped

Alien before condemning us dinosaurs truly look at this unit might save the environment and your pocket book. After all a new Trane furnace is as much or more then this unit. Why not put this under your heat exchanger and ponder how much it might still be made.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2015 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

Utah Environmental Laws - Page 2

The end of an era: Mercury rule shutters the oldest coal-fired power plant in Utah

It's the end of an era Wednesday with the closure of the Carbon power plant in Price Canyon. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 18th May, 2015 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Utah Environmental Laws Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Utah's air pollution problem: What does the future look like?

About 31,000 Utah residents have already weighed in on what 2050 might look like. Ref. Source 2

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Utah Environmental Laws

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,