Disney Racial?

Disney Racial - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 16th Apr, 2006 - 2:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th Dec, 2002 - 11:02am / Post ID: #

Disney Racial?

A black man once made the comment that when you watch a disney cartoon you hardly see a black person? Is that true?

Do you think that Walt Disney has a biased? Or is that the kinds of stories they publish do not 'typically' involve the African race.

Sponsored Links:
26th Dec, 2002 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

Racial Disney

[quote]Do you think that Walt Disney has a biased? Or is that the kinds of stories they publish do not 'typically' involve the African race. [/quote]
Hmmm...I really don't know. I want to believe that their stories do not typicall involve the African race (although come on, they can invent any character if they really want to add an african american in their shows) Actually I do not know how they get away with it so easily (I guess it's because it's Disney) because there is a 'law' in the US where it says that they must be a certain number of minority in tv shows. This situation happened some time ago with the TV show 'Friends' and they were forced by law and by pressure to introduce a black person in the show.

15th Apr, 2006 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Disney Racial? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Are we talking about the man Walt Disney or the Studio company? Walt Disney has included many black actors in their movies such as James Earl Jones (Mufasa-Lion King), Eddie Murphy (the dragon in Mulan) and most recently Queen Latifah (Ice Age 2). As for black characters in the actual movies, there may be a case there, but this is the first I have heard of such accusations.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2006 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Disney Racial?
A Friend

Racial Disney

Disney may not have many 'black' characters perse but do have many different races in their movies. Such movies like Atlantis have indian type characters and a couple black characters too. Aladdin has all people of Semitic dissent. Their skin is darker than white and their hair and dress is typical of the time period. Mulan is all asian people as well. Brother bear has only eskimo indian characters, skin, hair and clothing are typical of their race. Lilo and Stitch has all hawaiian people accept a black CIA agent. Pocahontas consists of traditionally colored and dressed american indians. The TV show Teamo Supremo is all Mexican wrestling luchador cast. Even the Mighty Ducks movies have a black star as a staple.

But really, none of this matters because humans in general are out classed and ranked by the number of main and supporting characters that are animals. Many black actors have played the voices of main characters in their movies, so overall, I think to say disney is a racially closed company is really stretching it.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2006 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Disney Racial?
A Friend

Racial Disney

Konquererz made the exact same arguement I was going to make. I think to say Disney is racist would be like saying water is dry. They incorporate so many different races and cultures into their productions. I think it's easy to forget that, aside from the cartoon movies, Disney has also made original Disney channel movies as well as other big title movies.

Remember the Titans was a Disney production, and that showed the struggles that both black and white people went through with the end of segregation and how important it is to accept one another. One of their original movie channel movies called "The Color of Friendship" is about a white girl from South Africa during the time of the racial civil war over there comes to America during the 60s and stays with a black family. She learns a lot about the African American culture, and once again, the importance of diversity within our lives.

If anything, I have always respected the way Disney incorporates different cultures into their productions. Their movies can be used as a learning tool to learn about the different heritages in our world.

> TOPIC: Disney Racial?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,