Seattle Supersonics

Seattle Supersonics - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 11:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Not just sonics, but Supersonics
14th Apr, 2006 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Seattle Supersonics

The title of this thread may have to change very soon

Stern says Sonics might leave town due to city's lack of interest

David Stern gave another warning that the SuperSonics could eventually leave Seattle, saying Thursday that the city is, "not interested in having the NBA there."

https://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9375614

I always thought Seattle was a town that supported all its sports teams (eg Mariners, SeaHawks, etc) but this article shows otherwise. Seattle used to be a very powerful team in the Western Conference when they had players like Gary Payton, Detlef Shrempf and Shawn Kemp. Currently they are a dismal 33-45 with their last playoff appearance in 2002.
Personally, I think it would be a shame if the team left Seattle, but that is the nature of the business. If the city is not interested in the team anymore, then it doesn't make sense to stay there. Ray Allen is the only 'superstar' on the team, and it looks like he doesn't have enough pull to bring the fans in.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Seattle Supersonics
A Friend

Supersonics Seattle

I think the Super Sonics really needed a playoff birth this year. Another dismal showing might have them moving next year. However, I was also under the impression that the Sonics had a strong fan base. Perhaps it was just because of the Kemp and Paytons runs their, but liked watching them for a bit there.

> TOPIC: Seattle Supersonics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,