Colombian Politics

Colombian Politics - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Dec, 2007 - 12:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Death squad allegations threaten to derail Bush's last Latin ally
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2006 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Colombian Politics

Colombian Politics

Alvaro Uribe's procession to a second term as Colombia's President hit a stumbling block yesterday as he responded wildly to allegations that his government colluded with paramilitaries to kill civilians.
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/world/americ...ticle358339.ece

Sponsored Links:
18th Apr, 2006 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Politics Colombian

Sounds like normal politics to me. Isn't a presidential campaign supposed to drudge up dirt on both sides? Maybe I've been in the US too long, but it seems this type of practise is commonplace now. I do agree that President Uribe should not have responded the way he did, because it just makes him to be possibly more guilty than he is.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2007 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Colombian Politics History & Civil Business Politics

Colombian Human Rights Defender Ivan Cepeda Faces Criminal Charges for Speaking Out on Government-Paramilitary Ties

One of the Colombia¹s leading human rights defenders, Ivan Cepeda, has been charged with slander and libel for publicly calling for the mayor of San Onofre to resign for alleged ties to paramilitary groups. Cepeda is the director of the National Movement for Victims of State Crimes, an umbrella organization for more than 200 Colombian human right organizations. In 1996, government forces assassinated his father, Manuel Cepeda, a leading leftist Senator in Colombia. Ever since then Ivan Cepeda has worked to expose death squads in Colombia.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/03/1348246

1st Dec, 2007 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Politics Colombian

Colombia Hostage, Ex-Presidential Candidate, Speaks of Hardship in New Letter

When I saw the full body picture of this woman, it really broke my heart. She looks sickly and absolutely without hope. She (along with other people) have been kidnapped for more than 6 years.

PARIS  -  A former presidential candidate held hostage by Colombian rebels describes losing her hair, appetite and hope after six years in the jungle, in an emotional letter released Saturday.

The letter, along with videos released by Colombian officials Friday, were the first evidence in years that Ingrid Betancourt and other rebel-held hostages may still be alive. The materials were seized during the arrest in Bogota of three suspected members of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC.

"Here, we are living like the dead," wrote Betancourt, a French-Colombian citizen. Betancourt, whose children live in France, was kidnapped in February 2002 while campaigning for Colombia's presidency.

The once-outspoken Betancourt sounded resigned and weakened in the letter, addressed to her mother and released by her family in France on Saturday.

"I no longer have the same strength, it is very difficult for me to continue believing," she writes. "I am not well physically. ... My appetite is frozen, my hair is falling out in large quantities."

The videotapes showed grainy images of an extremely gaunt Betancourt with a rosary in her hand.

In the letter, she describes stretching to relieve her sore neck, speaking as little as possible, and says it is a "problem" that she is the only woman among several male prisoners held hostage for eight or 10 years.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 4th Dec, 2007 - 9:56am / Post ID: #

Colombian Politics
A Friend

Politics Colombian

She looks to be in good condition for a kidnap victim. Hypothetically speaking, there's a good chance that she was being held at the request of a Columbian official.

4th Dec, 2007 - 10:22am / Post ID: #

Colombian Politics

Secruss:

She looks to be in good condition for a kidnap victim.

Have you seen pictures of this lady before her kidnapping? Just google it and you'll see. She does not look at all like in the picture of the article, I would like to know what is the basis though of your opinion that she looks in "good condition".

She hardly eats, her hair falling and probably being sexually abused being the only woman there (she has stated it is a "problem" to be the only woman there).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Dec, 2007 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

Colombian Politics
A Friend

Colombian Politics

We came across kidnapped people every now and then, and some of the people we released looked far worse than her.

4th Dec, 2007 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Colombian Politics Politics Business Civil & History

She has been a prisoner for six years, I seriously doubt one photo can reflect her condition.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Colombian Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,