Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention - Page 5 of 10

Name: Melissa Comments: My younger sister - Page 5 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 25th May, 2010 - 3:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (10) »
4th Dec, 2009 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention - Page 5

Ashleigh, I think is a great step that you can recognize that you're an attention seeking person. Few people can see that in themselves. Yes, personally I think that if you have been neglected as a child you will seek for attention, validation and approval from others (negative and positive). We ALL do that at some point of time but those who cannot keep a relationship and that friends find them "hard" to deal with or clingy then help is needed to know how to establish a healthy relationship with someone.

Yes, it IS possible for a person to stop being an attention seeker. Since the root of the problem is psychological, the help of a professional is needed who can help you see how to live your life happily without having to "leech" on someone's attention to feel good about yourself.

I wish you all the best!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Dec, 2009 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Attention Tactics Person Seeking Attention

Name: Ashleigh

Comments: LDS_forever,
Thanks for the response. So your saying that the ONLY way for me to stop seeking attention from others is to go to a psychologist?

4th Dec, 2009 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention Health & Special Psychology

Well, psychologists can help you by giving you tips and most of all, find out the root of your behavior. Therapy also help you to talk about your fears as a child, feelings and everything that you may need to express BEFORE changing the behavior. Can a friend do that? Sure, but a professional can help in ways a friend cannot.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2010 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Attention Tactics Person Seeking Attention

Name: LynnS

Comments: My sister is an attention seeker going as far as giving her baby (now a teen) spoiled milk in order to cause stomach pains that sent him to the doctor. The doctor diagnosed with colic and my sister gave him cough medicine to make him sleep throughout the day. She gave him so much cough medicine that he began having seizures the seizure medicine led to his muscles in his legs not developing properly and he had to under go surgery. Meanwhile she is doing the "poor me". She is pretty clever as in she a Masters degree in Sociology/Psychology. She worked for child services for the state so when I tried to contact them they wouldn't believe me. Now the children are grown and she is using her own health and husbands health to do the "poor me" bit. She moved several hours away and tells people how evil I am and how poorly I treated her all her life. She as even given her testimony in church that she was raped by a cousin and then told me that when they were both about 8 he put his hand under her shirt. He never raped her. It seems whatever she reads in her textbooks helps feed her imagination& outrageous scenarios. She had told her children all sorts of untruths about me and they actually hate me. They go to shelters and claim they have no money and get food and clothes ,they do this also with churches. I know this to be untrue. How do you deal with someone like this. I have just decided not to be a part of her life. I pray that the truth will one day be revealed.

11th Jan, 2010 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Attention Tactics Person Seeking Attention

LynnS, based on your allegations it seems to me that your sister has serious psychological issues. However, how do you know she was not actually raped? Her behavior is odd I agree but it could be the result of a traumatic event in her life. I do not think anyone (but your sister and cousin only) can really know the truth about it no matter how much you may think you know both of them.

You ask how do you deal with someone like this. In this case to be honest, unless she gets the proper treatment she needs, there is no way to deal with it, unfortunately staying away from the whole environment (and that includes her) is the wisest thing to do. I'm sorry about your situation and I hope you find peace in this difficult time in your life.

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2010 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention

Name: Fooled

Comments: I have a neighbor who is 39 years old and her way of seeking attention is either by stalking or telling lies about the individuals. I'm frustrated because of her since I have repeatedly given her dirty looks or just turned by head to look the other way. I refuse to be involved with her because she rats on people who have entered her life. She fabricates nasty stories on good people. She makes every person who enters her life look like a total idiot. When I wouldn't give her the attention (I'm a 52 year old woman) she ran to my husband (who is 55) for attention. This woman told me stories how her husband had left her penniless, thus, she approached me for money and to co-sign a bank loan since she was broke. When I refused she approached my husband. My husband and I found this very disturbing and we got in touch with a lawyer who approached the subject professionally. We had found out that she had plenty of money. She secured the joint bank account of $58,678 plus she was awarded $20,000 in alimony payments from her spouse. My husband and I were very hurt by her lies. When we refused her and pulled away from her she began to fabricate stories about us to the point of defamation. The woman still stalks us and cannot understand why we won't be compassionate and forgiven of her.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Feb, 2010 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person Tactics Attention - Page 5

Fooled, what a sad situation. She sounds like she needs some time with a therapist. It seems like her divorce got the worst of her. However, when you give her the "dirty" looks or just turned your head to look the other way, you are actually feeding the attention she seeks. She knows it. Very few people can truly ignore someone but if you are really good at it, it works but the body language you are using is making her feel that she is actually getting the attention she is looking. Watch that out. I wish you all the best and hope things get better soon.

Post Date: 25th May, 2010 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person Tactics Attention Psychology Special & Health - Page 5

Name: Melissa

Comments: My younger sister has always been an attention seeker and generally always got most of the attention when we were growing up.
She even went so far as to have a baby just because myself and my partner were trying for one and I had discussed it with our parents, as we were going through IVF treatment. They then told her and she decided to start trying for a baby, to 'get in first' with a grandchild for them. I only know this to be true as she let slip how long they were trying for their baby one day... And having previously said '7 months', then said '5 months', putting the timing exactly at the point I had talked to my parents about the IVF.
Recently I am happy to say that I gave birth to a beautiful little girl and we are so happy to finally have her in our lives. My mum adores her, but unfortunately my sister's nose was pushed a little out of joint - my partner said she looked jealous of my mum cuddling her and said to me 'I'll bet it's not long before she announces she is pregnant again'. Low and behold, my daughter is only 2 months old and what do you know? yes, she is pregnant again (only a few weeks, but she had to announce it laugh.gif).
I'm finding it a little hard to deal with her at the moment, she really does always have to try and better me for our parents' attention... And I think having another child is a bit OTT as her other child has only just turned 1... Any advice?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,