Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention - Page 6 of 10

Very true it is extremely annoying when you - Page 6 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th Oct, 2010 - 3:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2010 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention - Page 6

Name: MM

Comments: Living or dealing with "Drama Queens" can be draining and exhausting and very often, extremely disturbing. Drama Queens (and Kings) - {girls and women do not own a monopoly on the disorder} are individuals who exercise excessive emotion in theatrical often over-the-top ways, or become addicted to seeking "sympathy" attention or continual pity for their never-ending personal woes, however real or exaggerated they may be.
It's the type of person who derails a casual lunch to tell you a two-hour story about the devastating fight she had with her partner or the co-worker who constantly obsesses about how he is about to lose his job and needs your support to make it through the day. Or the type of person who egregiously thwarts a meeting by focusing on their own needs and problems, far related from the issues, then expects people to coddle and woo them for the helpless immature adults they compel themselves to be.
I always feel such people implicitly {directly or indirectly} try to curtail your own rationality, security and peace of mind, whenever the occasion arises (and with hard-core drama queens - it's about every hour) The worse ones are who deliberately create chaos and everybody has to run around scrambling trying to contain it. I know -- I've lived with these mentally pathetic sorts in the past. It's far from pleasant, far from sane, and it is A truly annoying, yet sad disorder...which I agree > needs serious professional help. But people who display borderline personality disorder /ie. Excessive-drama syndrome/ are rarely aware of the nuisance they create or their own ridiculous foolish outpourings, nor do they generally care.

Sponsored Links:
15th Jul, 2010 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Attention Tactics Person Seeking Attention

MM, thanks for such detailed post. They generally do not care because they are not fully aware of the drama they create, not to mention their narcissistic behavior.

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2010 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention Health & Special Psychology

Name: MM

Comments: My experiences are quite often in relation to individuals who have a decided knack to hide these behaviours from others and only tend to act out "or dump" on others whom they want the attention from. Like zeroing in on a target. I don't personally walk around with a bullseye on my forehead so I don't why I have the misfortune of encountering so many misdirected scoundrels. I guess the obvious answer is: there's no shortage of ill-bred uneducated or undereducated individuals in society. Am I sounding pompous? good. Because I loathe sinking down into the depths with certain attention starved poorly-bred/poorly-self-educated individuals, young or old, who spend their lives thriving off drama and negative experiences.

As for drama queens per se - they can certainly run the spectrum... Everything from "oh woe is me misery-needs-company" personality traits (the long-standing sufferer)....to those who run around the home flapping and waving their tongue and arms at high volume and speed because the world has done them wrong,(yet again!)... To the types who threaten to throw themselves out the window because their lover won't pay them enough attention ((which is inverse to the man who threatens to throw his lover out the window because she won't love him enough)). Perhaps it is true to say, and I know I'm saying it, "ignorance is truly contagious."
Perhaps what is most annoying, is the fact that too many take too much honour in their rantings, ravings, and excessive behaviours or toxic personality traits to ever really want to grow up. Unless they're forced to. Prisons are often a place that jump starts the process.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2010 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Attention Tactics Person Seeking Attention

Name: Flob

Comments: I was once accused of seeking attention until people realized that they were the ones who were the attention seekers and I was merely helping them. Now everything works out just fine.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2010 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Attention Tactics Person Seeking Attention

Name: Josie

Comments: I currently work with someone who is constantly attention seeking. She describes everything she does in exaggerated terms and is always saying how she is putting herself out to help others, but I think it is only so she can talk about herself even more. She recently told me that her brother had financial problems and to help him she had given him £1000, although her husband was against the idea. (She also told me they are very well off from the sale of his business). A few weeks later I overheard her saying to another colleague that she had lent him the money and now he was unable to repay it and this would mean that her and her husband could not go on holiday. I was quite shocked that she was not embarrassed to have told me a different story. She has recently started phoning in sick a lot with migraine, back ache, stomach ache, she most recently has said she has been to hospital during the night in terrible pain and is now having tests. She has also greatly exaggerated the position she held in her last job, and said when she left - because she was unable to ge a promotion - one of the senior managers cried. It is as if she has no sense of perspective about what is a believable lie and what is not. She has told me she used to do the company internal audit, which would simply be impossible as she has only a very rudimentary idea of financial management processes. I could go on and on as the stories come thick and fast. Its one saga after another, and quite honestly I find working with her very demoralising due to the fact that most people indulge her in the charade.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting check your spelling. Join the Community to have access to a Spell Checker

22nd Aug, 2010 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention

Josie, I know exactly what you are saying. It is always surprising to me how people would actually be willing to entertain those sort of the stories or believe them! What she is doing is embellishing her stories which is typical of attention seeking persons. The best thing you can do is not entertain her stories, ignore them and continue doing your work. That's the best you can do because as long as people are willing to listen to her, she won't stop.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Oct, 2010 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person Tactics Attention - Page 6

I hate when people use the word "I" or "I'm" constantly when talking. "I did this..." and "I'm so good at..." and "I'm...". They are so self centered that it is hard to say "we" or even pause to ask a question about other people around them.

30th Oct, 2010 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person Tactics Attention Psychology Special & Health - Page 6

Very true it is extremely annoying when you listen to a person and they have to constantly refer everything they are talking about to there self.

It can be a good tool however if you are talking about a subject you are not totaly sure of and say "I feel" or "I think" as it is owning an opinion and not expressing an idea and speaking like the world agrees.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,