Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention - Page 7 of 10

Name: Emily Country: Comments: my sister is - Page 7 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 12th Sep, 2012 - 7:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
11th Nov, 2010 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention - Page 7

Could it be that in the growing up years this need for attention was not given and turned into a habit as an adult?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2011 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Attention Tactics Person Seeking Attention

Name: Anna

Comments: My father in law is attention seeking and is is causing us huge problems. He had nothing to do with my husband ( only child) or grandchildren until his partner died 2 years ago. Now my husband against my advice calls his father twice a day ( done this for over 18 months - we live in different countries) and he flies out to bring him over to Spain to enjoy a change of scenery. I no longer have anything to do with him, we fell out because I gave him attention up to a point but also had 3 children that needed attention. He became more and more destructive, walking around the house at 3am, telling me had overdosed, talking about suicide whilst my children were within earshot. My husband had food poisoning this week and was not able to see his father. His father told his son how he was no longer eating, felt terrible, wasn't going outside, all because of course the attention wasn't on him. We realy don't know how to handle this man, he's in his 70s but has the emotional maturity of a three year old and the NHS are not giving him any support as he can make people think he is just a sad old man and they feel sorry for him and don't see his mental issues. If he gets attention he can be quite lucid. We have panic attacks from him, he thinks people are staring at him and are looking down at him when they aren't, a belief that he is seriously I'll when he is not....I could go on and on. Anyone have anything similar and ANY ideas....we are at our wits end with dealing with this and my husband is close to breakdown trying to support this man who is an emotional vampire.

28th Mar, 2011 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention Health & Special Psychology

That's a terrible situation to be in Anna too bad your husband didn't listen to you he may have a been a daddy's boy and thought that was more important than his relationship with you and the wife. This is also why marriages should not be plus the in-laws but two separate homes because most times its the mother-in-law that's the attention seeker.

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2011 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Attention Tactics Person Seeking Attention

Name: Radu

Title: How to respond?

Comments: How is it normal, or better said, how is it mentally healthier (for a attention seeking person)to react when they run for their attention? For example I have a friend that cut's himself for attention, tried every way I could. My question is how is most helpful for her to react to these situations on the long term? Should one give attention? or should one display total non-care when they seek attention? Any advice wold be great. [..]

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2012 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Attention Tactics Person Seeking Attention

Name: KO

Title: I can relate

Comments: My sister fits the attention seeking profile perfectly. She's always be one for creating drama. Our parents split when we were young, we lacked attention from our mother and though our father loves us dearly he is a very emotionally cut off person. Maybe thats part of why my sister has turned out this way. There are four of us and maybe she felt we got more attention than her (as she was the youngest). Our brothers were always getting into trouble and I was a rebellious teen who than got pregnant at 17. I got alot of negative attention but I suppose it was still attention. Either way, my sister is 21 now and her lies have gotten more serious over the years. I just discovered that she told my brother she was raped. I know this to be a lie as the occasion she's talking about was something she bragged about afterwards (I had the best sex last night etc, etc) and she then discussed the prospect of dating that same guy and they went out for coffee a couple of times but didn't have sex again. She chose not to mention that part to my brother but swore him to secrecy. In the past year she's had a stalker, cancer, miscarried, had a seizure, liver failure (which she now claims to never have had), a chronic health problem which meant she was infertile (hospital tests proved later that she was completely fit and healthy). She's called ambulances on several different occasions for stomach pains that meant she was incapable of walking, panic attacks etc etc. I keep hoping she'll change. I never know when she's telling the truth or not. I don't want to cut her out of my life completely but she can't continue thinking that this is acceptable and that there will be no repercussions. She could seriously harm other people with her lies if she hasn't already. How should I approach this?

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2012 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention

Name: Jeremiah

Title: Sick role

Comments: My colleague is an extreme example of this, Everyone sympathises endlessly with her tales of illness, poverty, maltreatment etc. One woman fell out with her at work, and this Doreen spent the next 2 years villifying and bullying her until she did so many things wrong at work, she got sacked. Now I am her target. I suffer some genuine illness problems, but its like she has to have a competition on me and she yells in my face about how much worse SHE is. I hate her. She has made my life hell for 18 months and people are now being turned against me. She does all sorts of bullying on me when she gets me on my own. I don't honestly know how you handle such a person, as everyone believes and sympathises with them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2012 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person Tactics Attention - Page 7

Name: Em

Title: Attention seeking

Comments: Sometimes people aren't even aware they are displaying attention seeking behaviour. I displayed this type of behaviour and it made me vulnerable. I told people stories about my life (true stories) but I shouldn't have; we should only tell safe people. Sometimes people who've been abused feel they have to tell everyone they meet their story and they don't; the abuse doesn't define us unless we let it. It feels empowering to not tell my story. Sometimes people never tell anyone anything as kids and then they grow up they make up for all their silence by telling everyone everything. They don't realize that people are judging them. Some people tell 'sob' stories to manipulate and some people are simply damaged and need to tell their story. They should be careful who they tell; people will look down on them and think they are being pathetic. Sometimes a person is in real need of help and they ask for help and people are cold. This happened to me. I was a student without resources and my mother was homeless and when I was going to school and I asked for help and many people were very cold,studying me like I was trying to trick them. My mother had no place to live and missing teeth and I was trying to study and I needed help and many of the people who were suppose to be supportive were not supportive at all. It's funny how people are very willing to help those who don't need help, encouraging someone who has means to take days off and when someone is vulnerable and without means and asks for help, they look at them like they are diseased, something shameful. So be very careful who you tell. If I could do it again, I would never have told anyone about my mother. A woman who was supposed to be helping me said, "You sound upset about your mother. Be careful, it sounds like your mother's genes are kicking in".

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2012 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Attention Seeking Person Tactics Attention Psychology Special & Health - Page 7

Name: Emily

Comments: my sister is 9 years old. There is three of us. Me, my brother who is 6 and herself. She is 9. I know this website is really for adults but I don't know how much longer I can take her attention seeking ways. My parents are trying to separate, but I really think this has nothing to do with it. She is the middle child and accuses of being 'left out' while my dad has none of her nonsense, my mum, who is so stern with me, lets her get away with murder. She sings songs extremely loudly, dances in front of us, winds me and my brother up constantly, insults us in order to get reactions, and so on. I try to ignore her, but when I do this her behavior escalates. It's getting rather serious as she starts doing worse and worse things, such as the other day when she snapped a picture of me without a top on. I don't know who to turn to or what to do and I have resorted to hiding in my room and only coming out for meals, which I don't like doing, in order to have a quiet life. I really am at the end of my temper. Please help me.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Attention Seeking Person And Tactics Of Attention

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,