Native American Or American Indian? - Page 5 of 5

Definitely Native American, as I think that - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th May, 2020 - 5:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Which term should be used?
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2015 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

Native American Or American Indian? - Page 5

Name: Neither

Comments: Neither "Native American" Or "American Indian" Should be used but the nation they represent. If you are from Indonesia should you be referred to as "Native Asian"?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2015 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

Native American Or American Indian?
A Friend

Indian American American Native

I am part European, but I am also from more then a few Native American groups. It is hard to tell how many, part white and Native Indigenous persons tended to marry each other, because of severe persecution from some white groups.

I have always used the term Native American or Indigenous people or etc. I think I used the word Indian as a child, before I became more aware.

Even the nature and culture of Native Americans is diverse, various mixed of Asian, ancient European, north African, and especially east of the Rockies, Hebrew and Jewish; after the Spaniards came, 90% of the Indigenous peoples were wiped out by diseases, along with some just plain killing and starving them out.

23rd Sep, 2015 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Native American Or American Indian? History & Civil Business Politics

I try to say the name of their nation / tribe if I know it as much as possible. Some will take it as taboo if you say "Native American" Because as far as they are concerned there is no America, just their nations.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 15 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.5%

9th Apr, 2016 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Indian American American Native

More than the name I think the general respect is what is needed. For instance, ask the person how they will like to be called that's the best policy. If you do it in humility no one can wrong you for it.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 27 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.7%

6th May, 2020 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Indian American American Native

Definitely Native American, as I think that represents the people as a whole. I would go further, though, and add another term: First Nation. It's more commonly used in Canada, but I think it encompasses the people who were her first, as this was not America at that time.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 58 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 5.8%

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Native American Or American Indian?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,