Light Mindedness, A Real goof In Progress' Side

- Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 23rd May, 2013 - 12:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Maturity of mind and being empathetic
8th Dec, 2002 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Light mindedness, a real goof in progress' side

At first glance I am sure your thoughts fell on those that laugh or make humor out of things that should be taken seriously, but there actually different kinds...

1. Everything is a joke - this kind of person is either lacking empathy or needs to experience service. Why do I say this? If someone is full of empathy they will first react in the thoughts of how others may be affected rather than self gratification. Service is a good start to building this. Put a person n a situation where they or someone is in great need and you will see a difference in their whole outlook.

2. Whatever goes - this kind of person is like a sack of potatoes, it just sits there. There is no concern for progress and most times the person is of little help to anything. If they do something its usually because they have to... Either by force or necessity.

3. Wall builder - some people build walls and never put space for a doorway. This kind of person makes progress of any type a real battle because they are unwilling to communicate or change.

Ever met someone who just saw everything as a joke?

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2002 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Side Progress goof Real Mindedness Light

Oh yeah, sad to say, I have met plenty people like that. I cannot stand it. Sometimes it's like you feel to slap them in the face and say, "Hey what's wrong with you, what's so funny?" Lack of maturity has a lot to do with this not to mention idleness.

9th Sep, 2005 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Light Mindedness, A Real goof In Progress' Side Health & Special Psychology

Like whistling in the dark, so many of us make some sort of lame attempt at humor when the situation is beyond our control or understanding. I think it happens to many of us, but those who have a habitual problem, who take nothing seriously, cross the line from an occasional avoidance mechanism to an avoidance way of life.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2005 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think there are certain tasks where we all get these kind of attitudes. I can think of situations that weren't realy funny, but my defense mechanism kicked in and I was trying to make a not so humourous situation a more lighthearted situation. There are also certain things in life that I do only because I have to, and certain situations where I build a wall. As for my overall outlook on trying to get things done, I try to be pretty open minded and do what I can to help people get things done that they need to get done.

I have met some people where everything in life is a joke, and it gets frustrating. I can't have a serious, deep conversation with them because all they do is crack jokes. Sometimes, those jokes get very tasteless because of their lack empathy, as JB brought up.

23rd May, 2013 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

I used to think that giving someone responsibility would help them overcome that but it doesn't. Some people are just naturally that way, sort of free spirited about everything and every situation. There are pros and cons to this but most people think it taboo when you can't wise up in the time you're supposed to.

> TOPIC: Light Mindedness, A Real goof In Progress' Side

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,