New Orleans Hornets

New Orleans Hornets - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st Mar, 2008 - 12:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

First year since 2000 that the Hornets did not make it to the NBA - Basketball playoffs
22nd Apr, 2006 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

New Orleans Hornets

This was the first year since 2000 that the Hornets did not make it to the NBA playoffs. With the recent Katrina disaster in New Orleans, the Hornets were almost in jeopardy of having to move, again, to another city. The Hornets were originally in Charlotte, and moved to New Orleans in 2002. This year they finished the season with a 38-44 record, only 6 games out of the Western Conference playoff picture. 1st year coach Byron Scott can be the difference maker for this young team so look for them in 2006/2007.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

New Orleans Hornets
A Friend

Hornets Orleans New

I was really glad they didn't have to move. New Orleans lost their AFL team because of Katrina, it would have been a shame to lose their NBA team.

I have a lot of respect for Byron Scott, I expect he will do great things with his team, but not this year. Give them a year or two to grow up, they will be good again.

4th May, 2006 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

New Orleans Hornets Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets was a unanimous vote for the 2006 NBA Rookie All-Star team. Chris averaged 16 points, 8 assists and 5 rebounds per game for the Hornets, and led all rookies with 21 double doubles. All this while only missing 4 games for the entire season. A bright spot no doubt in a gloomy season for the Hornets.

9th May, 2006 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Hornets Orleans New

Well, this wasn't a surprise.

Hornets' Paul to get nod for Rookie of the Year

New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul, who led all first-year players in points, assists, steals and other categories, will be named the NBA's Rookie of the Year

https://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9426306

I was impressed with Paul when he played at Wake Forest, although I had reservations about him leaving his sophomore year. However, he proved he was mature enough to play in the NBA, and his Rookie of the Year award is well deserved.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2008 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Hornets Orleans New

Jazz can't handle Hornets

Friday night's answer was a resounding not so hot, especially in the opening quarter of an ESPN-televised 110-98 loss to Chris Paul and the 39-18 New Orleans Hornets. Utah was outscored 38-15 in its nine-turnover opening quarter, including an incredible 23-0 Hornets run - spurred by All-Star point guard Paul, who finished with a 24-point, 16-assist double-double - that left the Northwest Division-leading Jazz as demoralized as they were embarrassed.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695257816,00.html

> TOPIC: New Orleans Hornets

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,