Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 9 of 17

Well I won't say that quite yet but - Page 9 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 28th May, 2010 - 2:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (17) »
Politician - Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the new Leader of the UNC and first woman Opposition Leader - what are your thoughts?
25th May, 2010 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 9

At this time I wish to congratulate Mrs Kamla Persad-Bissessar on her victory. She has done what no other has done and she is the first female Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago. I hope she can keep the promises that she campaigned.

Sponsored Links:
25th May, 2010 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Persad-Bissessar Kamla

international QUOTE (lordryoko @ 24-May 10, 11:01 PM)
. She has done what no other has done

Yes, imagine she beat both Panday and Manning in around 6 months. Incredible.

25th May, 2010 - 5:14am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Kamla Persad-Bissessar's speech was on target. I especially liked that she says she will lead the country with compassion and as a mother and grand-mother. She promised to not let the country down and to ensure everything is done in fairness and equity. My only hope is she chooses honest, empathetic, leaders and not anyone who just seeks to just stake a claim in cabinet for the sake of a dollar and position.

25th May, 2010 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Persad-Bissessar Kamla

I don't think she is naive but with a majority of the people with her being men with strong personalities I am bit weary but only time will tell.

26th May, 2010 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Persad-Bissessar Kamla

I like Kamla Persad-Bissessar's new look. Short hair style and dress. She reminds me of the lady who was Prime Minister of the Philippines for awhile. She reiterated that the election is over and she will not be looking at party cards. Kamla Persad-Bissessar also talked about reversing the order of things and needing all the people to come together to build a future worthy of passing on to our children. Kamla Persad-Bissessar hit Mannings tall buildings that development must be about the needs of people being satisfied and not tall buildings.

27th May, 2010 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar

She has shown signs that she is a people's person today after the swearing in ceremony. When she exited the building the media was at the corner outside waiting to ask her questions. She stopped to answer them and realized that they (the media) were congested and she immediately took command and asked her security detail to make room for them (the media) for they cannot be treated this way (the crammed conditions she was talking about). She was also very patient and answered a lot of questions that was asked of her. I found she answered very properly and respectfully. She even delayed her meeting with the head of the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM) to speak to the media. Kudos Mrs Bissessar so far, you have started off on the right foot.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th May, 2010 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 9

I take it you are moving away from being a fan of your devastated papa Manning and turning towards your new Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar?

28th May, 2010 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 9

Well I won't say that quite yet but as I said she has started off on the right foot. She is a woman and women are generally more nurturing and sympathetic than men. So there will be certain things that she will do that will be more humane and emotional. See how she handled the flood victims? I am not saying that the men would have turned a blind eye (well maybe they would have) but women will want to help out, personally if they have to. I won't be surprised if she will be hailed as the easiest Prime Minister to work with because she will lend an understanding ear rather than a cold shoulder.

> TOPIC: Kamla Persad-Bissessar

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,