Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 10 of 17

Name: Vindra Comments: Our new PM is making - Page 10 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 31st May, 2010 - 6:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (17) »
Politician - Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the new Leader of the UNC and first woman Opposition Leader - what are your thoughts?
28th May, 2010 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 10

I like Kamla and wish her well. I think it was a good move to go and see about the flood victims but in my opinion was quite a PR move. However, she got it done and I think things could get better with time.

Sponsored Links:
28th May, 2010 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Persad-Bissessar Kamla

Kamla has indicated that she has no intentions to live in the multi-million dollar PM residence that Mr. Manning built. Apparently, she just finished a home in San Fernando where she plans to live with her husband, son, daughter in law and two grandchildren.

Source 5

28th May, 2010 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Well the Ministers have been chosen. Interesting calls, I just hope they can work together because when you have so many sections of government it is easy to have things lost in administration. Rasta has started Threads for each name / Ministry. Please respond to those with specifics and keep this Thread on PM Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Dr. Surujrattan Rambachan - Foreign Affairs
Jack Warner - Works & Transport
Dr. Tim Gopiesingh - Education
Winston Dookeran - Finance
Anil Roberts - Sports & Youth Affairs
Winston Peters - Arts & Culture
Errol McLeod - Labour
Hubert Volney - Justice
Prakash Ramadhar - Legal Affairs
Vasant Bharath - Food Production
Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan - Energy
Chandresh Sharma - Local Govt
Brigadier John Sandy - National Security
Rudrawatee Ramgoolam - Public Admin
Fazal Karim - Tertiary Education
Therese B Cornelis - Health
Emmanuel George - Public Utility
Mary K King - Planning, Gender Affairs
Dr. Roodal Moonilal - Housing & the Environment
Stephen Cadiz - Trade & Industry
Dr. Rupert Griffith - Tourism
Dr. Glen Ramadharsingh - Ministry of the People and Social Development
Nizam Baksh - Community development
Vernella Alleyne Toppin - Tobago Development

Ministers of State:

Rudy Indarsingh - Works & Transportation
Clifton de Coteau - Education
Delmond Baker - Tourism

Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister

Colin Partap
Roger Samuel

Parliamentary Secretaries:

Kevin Ramnarine - Energy
Stacy Roopnarine - Sports
Jairam Seemingal - Legal Affairs
Nela Khan - Arts & Culture
Ramona Ramdial - Planning & Gender affairs

29th May, 2010 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Persad-Bissessar Kamla

Ah, like things started changing already? Kamla was living in Tunapuna temporarily in the house of some relatives but apparently, she is actually moving in the PM residency (although she does not directly says so) even though she said she wouldn't before election. She plans to open it up like the White House as well:

international QUOTE
"The house will become the people's house. I will use the house but I will open the house to the people, to the children of the nation and to any who wish to visit. It will become the people's house," Persad-Bissessar said.

"I do not think I should put the nation to further expense of fixing up another house. The house is there and it is empty, certainly we shall use the house for purposes of the government, but I plan to open it up. I would like to see people and children and make it indeed the people's house."

30th May, 2010 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Persad-Bissessar Kamla

The president probably refused to get involved in that scenario. He probably decided to stay at President's House and as said in the article, she didn't want to leave an empty 'palace' alone. As soon as she has settled I will take a tour of the place and see what all the fuss was all about.

30th May, 2010 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar

I don't have a problem with her using the residence at all, my problem is the broken promise of stating she won't live there and now she is going to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st May, 2010 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 10

No I agree with you. She has started to break promises. I was giving a possible reason as to why she had to. Don't be surprised of more promises to be broken in the not too distant future. She better be wary of what promises she break though. People have put their faith in her and they won't forgive her is she betrays that. Me personally, I am feeling a sense of deja vu. Same governement, different leader.

Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 10

Name: Vindra

Comments: Our new PM is making such a difference already. She is handling everything in a humble way not like our last PM, good riddance.

> TOPIC: Kamla Persad-Bissessar

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,