Constitution - Article 1 - The Legislative Branch

Constitution Article 1 Legislative Branch - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Apr, 2006 - 4:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2006 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Article 1 of the US constitution covers the Legislative branch of the government. It is divided into 10 sections so that each can have its own processes laid out.

Section 1.
Legislative Power Vested

Section 2.
House of Representatives

Section 3.
Senate

Section 4.
Elections of Senators and Representatives

Section 5.
Rules of House and Senate

Section 6.
Compensation and Privileges of Members

Section 7.
Passage of Bills

Section 8.
Scope of Legislative Powers

Section 9.
Limits on Legislative Power

Section 10.
Limits on States

The scope of the individual sections are quit large and cannot be covered in a simple thread and still give it due justice.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2006 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Branch Legislative - Article Constitution

I read the Article for the first time in my life. Thank you Konq.

I found this interesting:

Section 6. The Senators and Representatives shall receive a compensation for their services, to be ascertained by law, and paid out of the treasury of the United States. They shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place.

Concerning that African-American representative from California, I believe. I guess she can be arrested for breach of the peace.

> TOPIC: Constitution - Article 1 - The Legislative Branch

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,