Doing Business In Trinidad

Doing Business Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 28th Apr, 2006 - 10:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

What do you think about it?
27th Apr, 2006 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Doing Business In Trinidad

Doing Business in Trinidad

I find that Doing Business in Trinidad is one of the most difficult things ever. For an example, in most cases the following happens:

1. The client wants something for free all the time
2. The client wants services without paying a deposit
3. The client does not value your time or effort
4. The client does not pay on time

a. The seller does not want to refund you for faulty goods
b. The seller has no customer service care at all
c. The seller does not give the goods / services on time
d. The seller is missing altogether after fees are paid

The above are some of the things experienced. Many will say this happens everywhere and although that is true, you will find it to be 80% or more here.

As an example of the 'doggie-dog' style of business conducted here:

I run a Web Design business where most of my transactions are conducted online through Email / online chat. However, Trinidadians are not happy with that or even the phones - they want you to physically find yourself in their office. I used to do this for free, but then found that all they wanted was to milk me for information or they were just 'finding out about it out of curiosity', so I introduced a consultation fee, but generally Trinidadians are so cheap that they will not pay the fee, it is good though, because I do not have time to waste and this helps me to know who is really serious and who is not.

Now you may say that probably the small man cannot afford consultation fees, but not so, I am talking about large companies not wanting to pay!

Sponsored Links:
28th Apr, 2006 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Business Doing

Doing business in Trinidad is extremely hard for one simple reason: People just do not want to pay! It's amazing how you have to be harassing your boss to give you what it belongs to you: your check at the end of the month. It's irritating. What it bothers me the most about doing business here is that people are just not serious and make you waste your time and basically they are telling you they have your money, that they are coming and they just do not show up or even call!. It's annoyning. I have never seen people so unprofessional in their dealings like Trinidadians.

> TOPIC: Doing Business In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,