Jesse Jackson - Page 2 of 2

Civil rights activist the Rev. Jesse Jackson - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Nov, 2017 - 7:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Jesse Jackson Quotes "People like Jesse Jackson who have committed themselves to a view that blacks are constantly victims have succeeded in creating...an underclass that doesn
15th Jul, 2008 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Jesse Jackson - Page 2

The good old Rev is in a bad spot for himself. Obama doesnt even pretend to be associated with the Civil Rights Movement...he proudly admits that he is a benefactor of the movement. He sees that as having been done and now it is time for the people to take what they got and move forward. His message sounds to me like a polite Bill Cosby speech about the responsibility of black people and that doesnt play as well with reverends Jackson or Sharpton.

https://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200805/cosby

and the famous "Pound Cake Speech"

https://www.eightcitiesmap.com/transcript_bc.htm

Well, if you see the good reverends responses to Mr. Cosby, Jackson's ball slashing comments would make a bit of sense. While Jackson did stand besides Cosby at the speech, his take was a bit different. Jackson and Sharpton have been more about entitlement, quotas and reparations.

Listening to Obama's speeches, you might be able to call him Cosby Lite or Pound Cake Jr. Either way, Obama is more for enabling rather than entitling and quotas and that comes through pretty clear. Cosby is a older and has seen the civil rights movement and this rhetoric coming from a young man that never really saw the struggles of the movement must really gnaw at him. Oh yeah, he sees the potential future and it isnt quite the gold mine he thought it would be and no doubt he is green with envy as well.

Obama's recent speech delivered to the NAACP...

https://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9...&show_article=1

Now remember, he is a youngster to all of this and I feel that is a good part of why Jackson sees it as "talking down" to black america.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 15th Jul, 2008 - 3:41am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
18th Jul, 2008 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Jackson Jesse

As usual Vincenzo, you do make excellent points. I do agree with the fact that Obama can be regarded as a neophyte in the political arena.

Democrat Barack Obama insisted Monday that blacks must show greater responsibility for their actions.
In remarks prepared for delivery at the annual NAACP convention, the man who could become the first black president said Washington must provide greater education and economic assistance, but that blacks must demand more of themselves.

"If we're serious about reclaiming that dream, we have to do more in our own lives, our own families and our own communities," Obama said. "That starts with providing the guidance our children need, turning off the TV and putting away the video games; attending those parent-teacher conferences, helping our children with their homework and setting a good example."

I took the opportunity to read the entire article and quite frankly Vincenzo, I do not see anything wrong with what Obama said. I don't consider his speech as "talking down to black people" but trying to motivate them.

I stand by what I said about the good old Reverend Jesse Jackson. He has a king sized ego, he loves being in the spotlight and he is envious that Obama may become the next black President. It is interesting that Whoopi Goldberg from "The View" has recently made comments about why people do not like Obama and I do agree with her views. According to Whoopi, the people of African descent do not like Obama because they do not consider him to be "black" enough. Strangely enough, I suspect most of them regard Obama as a traitor or trying too hard to be "white." Of course, people who are causcian, do not support Obama because they consider him to be "too black" for them. I am very confused. Obama is mixed. Correct me if I am wrong Vincenzo, but I believe his mother is causcian and his father is an African. So naturally, he is mixed and I think this is where his problem lies. There are people in this world who are too obsessed with race and they neglect to listen to what newcomers are trying to say. It would be a wonderful world if people would stop judging others by their race and just try to listen to what individuals have to contribute.

Again, I think Reverend Jesse Jackson is wrong to accuse Obama "talking down to black people." And to even say out of rage that you are so angry that, you feel like cutting off his nuts, is outrageous! He is condemning Obama for speaking his mind and yet at the same time, look at how disrespectful he is behaving towards someone who is half African. Apparently, Reverend Jesse Jackson is not familiar with the expression, "Those who live in glass houses, should never throw stones!" If he is so jealous of Obama, why doesn't he try to enter the political arena again? He could prove to the world how superior he is to Obama. The answer is painfully obvious: no one is interested in having the good old Reverend Jesse Jackson as the first black President, that's why!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

22nd Jul, 2008 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Jesse Jackson History & Civil Business Politics

I just had a thought. Would Reverend Jesse Jackson make disparaging remarks about Senator Barack Obama, if his mixed race was not made public? Do you think that the Reverend J. Jackson would be more supportive of Senator Obama, if his race was pure African?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

22nd Jul, 2008 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Jackson Jesse

QUOTE (Geenie @ 21-Jul 08, 10:02 PM)
Do you think that the Reverend J. Jackson would be more supportive of Senator Obama, if his race was pure African?

That is certainly a point to consider, you may be on to something. Obama may be genetically half black but he was raised by his middle class white mother and Indonesian step-father. Probably doesn't fit well into Mr. Jackson's rhetoric.

Geenie wrote:
According to Whoopi, the people of African descent do not like Obama because they do not consider him to be "black" enough. Strangely enough, I suspect most of them regard Obama as a traitor or trying too hard to be "white." Of course, people who are causcian, do not support Obama because they consider him to be "too black" for them.

As for why I do or do not support Obama. It has nothing to do with his race or family origins. So far I have not seen or heard anything that makes me think he has the experience or qualifications for the job. Until recently I had not even heard him say anything of substance. Perhaps as election day grows closer he will expound more on where he stands on the issues. Until then I will remain solidly undecided.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

22nd Jul, 2008 - 9:53am / Post ID: #

Jackson Jesse

Oh, I do not think that he is talking down to blacks at all. I am simply trying to look at the situation through Jackson's eyes. Just like Bill Cosby (and you should read his speech he delivered a few years a back that upset a several prominent black leaders as being told he was talking down to them as well), Obama has basically said that the major war was faught and won (civil rights movement that he admits to being a benefactor of and not part of and basically stating that every black kid can now be a nominee for the President of the United States). That you now can get a quality education, there are opportunities that never existed 30 - 40 years ago for you but you got to get up and do it. The opportunities wont just be given to you or fall in your laps...you have to get up and walk through the doors provided by the movement and that it is ashame that so many choose to sit at home. That is the message he is sending.

Jackson relies on blacks continuing to look for more to be given or more potential opportunities and really doesnt like this young black guy telling his flock that they need to get off their rear ends and take advantage of what is out there already. Jackson is all about pointing out the inequalities now and problems now. "His" people continuing to look for him to get them something keeps him in power within the community. He is also jealous because it is not him, but really, he knows it cannot be him that gets the nomination, because there is no way he can get the white and hispanic vote. He is too much for entitlements and not as much for enabling and that is the major difference between the two guys (not to mention age and I am sure that Jackson thinks that he is delivering the black vote to Obama as opposed to Obama getting the black vote).

For some, Obama isnt black enough and I think you can put Jackson in that group. But can they really say that after you meet his wife? I mean did he grow up half black and marry a white woman? It is obvious that he affiliates more as a black american. If you really want to ask a few questions...would Obama even be in this race if he HAD married a white woman? There are a lot of if's here, but the fact is...this guy is a VERY good speaker (better than Jackson, Sharpton and Farrakan) that reaches across racial lines and is intelligent. He believes and has lived the american dream and is in the proper place to preach it and that burns up the old reverend. He hasnt asked for handouts and doesnt want anyone to sit and wait for the government to take care of them, but is compassionate for those that cannot better their lives.

Honestly, I think that if Obama's family was all black and he still had the stance he has now, Jackson still would say that he is talking down to black people. Jackson just really doesnt like the strong message of get up and go take advantage of what is out there NOW. He likes wade in the inequities of what is here today and make them the issue and for those toting the other line...they are talking down to blacks that cant get out of their situations.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2011 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Jesse Jackson

Megyn Kelly schools Jesse Jackson

Jesse Jackson is publicly bashing Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker for his 'ramrod' style of politics, claiming that "there is a sense of death" for the poor people in America. That's an insult to actual poor people around the globe, who live in huts and go to the bathroom in a community ditch. Being poor in America means you have a Geo instead of a Benz. Plus, does anyone remember Jackson complaining about procedural trickery to pass a bill when Democrats jammed Obamacare through? Jackson's response is pathetic, and Kelly slams it. Ref. Source 6

Jesse Jackson
Jesse Jackson (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Jesse Jackson - Page 2

Civil rights activist the Rev. Jesse Jackson said Friday that he has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. A neurological disorder with no cure, Parkinson's can cause tremors, stiffness and difficulty balancing, walking and coordinating movement.

"My family and I began to notice changes about three years ago," Jackson wrote in a statement. "After a battery of tests, my physicians identified the issue as Parkinson's disease, a disease that bested my father."

Jackson added that "Recognition of the effects of this disease on me has been painful." Ref. CNN.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Jesse Jackson

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,