Constitution - Article Iii - The Judiciary

Constitution Article Iii Judiciary - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st May, 2006 - 3:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st May, 2006 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Article III - The Judiciary

Section 1
Judicial Power Vested

Section 2
Scope of Judicial Power

Section 3
Treason

Section 1 of Article III of the United States Constitution gives the Judicial branch its power. It gives congress the right to establish other courts, insures pay, and insures that pay cannot decrease. Section 2 places the limitations on the courts, and Section 3 specifies exactly what treason is and what requirements must be met to charge and convict someone of treason.

Sponsored Links:
1st May, 2006 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Judiciary - Iii Article Constitution

I have a couple of questions for you, konquererz. I don't know if this is appropriate to ask instead of comment, but I'm assuming you know much more about this than I do. Please forgive my ignorance if it's inappropriate here.

The trial of all crimes, except in cases of impeachment, shall be by jury

What happens in the case of impeachment? Who would the "jury" be then?

No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

Maybe I don't understand the full definition of treason because isn't the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui basically all about treason? I understand treason to be levying a crime of war OR adhering to enemies of the US. I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 3 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.3%

> TOPIC: Constitution - Article Iii - The Judiciary

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,