Where Would You Spend Your Money? - Page 2 of 2

Now this is a question that I would enjoy - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 16th Mar, 2007 - 2:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
30th May, 2006 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Where Would You Spend Your Money? - Page 2

after that I would give half of it to the needy people

Remember the old saying, "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime?" I'm very much in favor of helping people help themselves, so they can continue after my money and I are gone. Nothing last forever except the poor.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 30th May, 2006 - 6:21pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th May, 2006 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Where Would You Spend Your Money?
A Friend

Money Spend You Where

First with the money I would I have to pay off my debt and then me and my whole family has talked about if one of us had ever won the lottery what we would do and we all agreed to buy each other houses and I would buy a new car that ran not like the one I have now and then I would buy my daughter her own house yeah she is not old enough but I want to make sure she is good to go just in case I'm not there for her and then me and my fiance hopefully we will finally get married cause he said he wants to have a big wedding and we don't have money for it and then we will get his kids from his ex take them around the world with us and be one big happy family then I think I will put money away for the kids for education for all 3 of them so my parents will be set they wont have no more debts and my brothers and sister they will be debt free and of course I would bring my fiance mom and brother back here or where ever we go cause he never gets to see them and I don't like that so they will be close to each other again and there debt will will be paid off so everybody will be taken care of and then there will be money left to put in the bank for what ever and most importune my and my fiance family will all be close to us thats how I would want it to be I know I have dreams and I hope they will come true and to all the others out there I hope they come true for you as well.

Message Edited!
Please use the Spell Check before posting. Thanks.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 30th May, 2006 - 7:29pm

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2006 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Where Would You Spend Your Money? Health & Special Psychology

100 Million Dollars. Okay, I need to first envision it.

Then I would allocate the 100 million dollars amongst the world.

Here's a few missions I would do:

1.) Develop schools, hospitals in Africa.

2.) Get the townships of South Africa to the same rate as the richest cities in the country and alleviate the apartheid gap.

3.) Work in solidarity with Amnesty International to develop Care Centers to rehabilitate victims of human rights violations.

4.) Create a trust fund to alleviate poverty

5.) Donate to International Discussions cool.gif

6.) Find a way to make natural resource wealth be more equitable.

17th Oct, 2006 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Money Spend You Where

The first thing I would do is pay off my debt. That would be like a drop in a bucket compared to 100 million. I would invest a quarter of it for the future and to live off of. I would give two million each to my mom, my daughter (hers would have stipulations until she's 21), my husbands two siblings, and my two siblings. I would give one million each to my three half siblings. That's 36 million. (That's all?) I would allow them to spend their money as they will, I'm sure they are capable of making good choices for themselves as well as I am. The exception would be my daughter who doesn't have the life experience to handle that kind of money. In fact, I'm not sure I do so I would sit on my money for a time, like Mousetrails, to give myself time to think and make good choices. I would buy myself some luxuries, but not extreme because I find extreme luxury distasteful and wasteful. I would give a quarter to charity. It seems a lot but with that much money, what's the difference? I only need so much. As to the charities, I would want victims of genocide, poverty, lack of education, and disease to receive the benefits of my donations and would have to do extensive research as to which charities were most beneficial. I would use some to help my sister pursue her painting because I know she's really talented but doesn't have the money or means to sell her talent. The amount left, which is no small sum at about 30 million, I would just sit on and think on, until I was provided from above with answers about what I should do with it.

Offtopic but,
Yellowknife, maybe a little something for yourself? A nice dinner, perhaps? laugh.gif

Reconcile Edited: Valla on 17th Oct, 2006 - 9:25pm

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2006 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Money Spend You Where

Well, I have been thinking about this for a long time now. OK, I have been having a fantasy about it, its really amazing how much money it is once you really think about it. So I have put together an absolutely honest answer. I don't know how much everything would cost, but I think I will have enough! laugh.gif

1. 2 million in a trust fund for each of my kids. 6 million
2. 500,000 for each of my nieces and nephews. 3 million - trust funds
3. 5 million for each set of parents. 10 million
4. 2 million for each sibling on each side of the family. 8 million
5. 1 million in a college fund for each of my kids. 3 million - separate from above
6. 15 million to build our dream house. 15 million
7. 5 million for four cars, 2 family, and a personal one each. 5 million
8. 10 million for my personal boat. 10 million
9. 1 million for donation to the ACLU. 1 million
10. 1 million to my school of graduation. 1 million
11. 1 million to each of my three places of charitable interest. 3 million
12. 500,000 to International Discussions forum. (I don't suck up, I take care of my friends!) 500,000
13. 25,000 to each of my friends for having a lousy shift when I just don't show up after getting my money. 400,000

Total Bill

Remaining money

I would invest the rest and easily live off the interest the rest of my life. A mere 2% return on that investment is close to half a million a year. Plenty of money to pay my bills!

16th Mar, 2007 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Now this is a question that I would enjoy answering! However, I must admit, that I would be dizzy having all that money to spend! rolleyes.gif First of all, I would give my spouse half of my winnings, that is, $50 million! Then, like everyone else, all my debts would be paid off. I would never take a loan ever again! I would donate $25 million to an orphanage and $10 million to a charitable organization. Next, I would invest $5 million in real estate (after all, this money would never last, so I have to find creative ways of making it grow); give $5 million to my family and finally, I would use the last $5 million to travel, buy clothes and purchase 5 homes in five of my favourite countries!

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 16th Mar, 2007 - 2:31am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Where Would You Spend Your Money?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,