Cleaning A Refrigerator Or Freezer

Cleaning Refrigerator Freezer - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 7th May, 2006 - 5:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

6th May, 2006 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

I just purchased a used upright freezer from a friend and need to clean the inside. There is really not an odor, just stains, etc from previous use. I tried warm water by itself, but that did nothing. I haven't tried baking soda yet, as was recommended in the 'Odor in your fridge' discussion. I don't believe I can use regular cleaners inside a freezer or soap. Anyone have any other ideas for cleaning the inside of a freezer or refrigerator? Thanks!

Sponsored Links:
6th May, 2006 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Freezer Refrigerator Cleaning

You don't want to use anything too abrasive, but there is nothing wrong with using something like 409 or Fantastic, Mr. Clean, Lysol, etc. For stains, you might try using a 1:1 bleach and water solution. I've also found that Comet cleanser will remove stains if you add just enough water to make a paste, then put it on the stain and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes. Of course, this may be because it's got bleach in it smile.gif

There is a new product out called Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - it's a sponge-like pad that you just dampen and then "scrub" your stains. It's working great on my tile grout, but I haven't used it on the fridge yet.

Good luck!

6th May, 2006 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Cleaning A Refrigerator Or Freezer Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Thanks for the suggestions Farseer! I am using this Clorox spray with Teflon surface protector at the moment. It seems to be working but I've been cleaning for an hour or more now, and still not done. Had to take a break from the strong smell too. The baking soda did absolutely nothing. I have those Mr. Clean pads but never thought of using them in the fridge. I'll have to try that next.

Post Date: 7th May, 2006 - 5:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Freezer Refrigerator Cleaning

Baking soda only works on the smell over the long periods, and best if its in there before the cause of the smell. However, I haven't heard of it being used effectively as a cleaner. My wife uses orange past. Its from the makers of oxy clean and comes in a small round tub. It will get any stain, any dirt, and smell out very well. You used to be able to get it at wal-mart and target, but I have only seen it at target recently.

> TOPIC: Cleaning A Refrigerator Or Freezer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,