Newborn Death Rate

Newborn Death Rate - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 18th Jun, 2011 - 11:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mortality rate - USA vs Europe - Global
9th May, 2006 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Newborn Death Rate

U.S. Has second worst newborn death rate in modern world, report says

international QUOTE
American babies are three times more likely to die in their first month as children born in Japan, and newborn mortality is 2.5 times higher in the United States than in Finland, Iceland or Norway, Save the Children researchers found.

Only Latvia, with six deaths per 1,000 live births, has a higher death rate for newborns than the United States, which is tied near the bottom of industrialized nations with Hungary, Malta, Poland and Slovakia with five deaths per 1,000 births

https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/parenting/0... Ndex/index.html

I was surprised to see the US that high up in terms of newborn fatalities. I was also shocked to see the Scandinavian countries that high up in terms of mother's well-being. How well did your country rank?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th May, 2006 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Newborn Death Rate
A Friend

Rate Death Newborn

This really shocked me too. However, I think it must having something to do with the way babys are treated when they are born. We have more instances of SIDS in this country which correlates with the amount of women who will smoke, or drink during pregnancies. I don't understand why this happens when its common knowledge what this does to the baby.

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2011 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Newborn Death Rate Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

9 Countries That Do It Better: Why Does Europe Take Better Care of Its People Than America?
By Joshua Holland

At 6.7 deaths per 1,000 live births, the U.S. had the highest infant mortality rate among the high-income nations in 2006. Iceland, with 1.4 deaths/ 1,000 live births, had the lowest. Ref. Source 9

> TOPIC: Newborn Death Rate

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,