Mission Impossible Movies

Mission Impossible Movies - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th May, 2006 - 11:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

9th May, 2006 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

This discussion has been started to discuss all the Mission Impossible movies, 1,2 and 3. The third installation was released about a week ago to tame opening day numbers. Opening weekend brought in about $48 million US and a 5 day gross to-date is about $51 million US. Most people believe this is a very weak performance for a much anticipated and hyped film, and I agree with them. The less than impressive opening, I believe, was due to Cruise and his over-the-top antics associated with the Church of Scientology. To me, he has scared a lot of his fans away.

To the movies themselves, I haven't seen the 3rd, and won't pay money to see it either. The first 2 were ok, but not Mission Impossible movies in my opinion. For those of you who were familiar with the TV Series with Peter Graves, the Mission Impossibles were about team work. That is what made them so unique. You had a team of experts who infiltrated organizations to bring down top tier criminals. Tom Cruise in the movie versions is basically a lone action star, and for that reason alone, the movies could have had any title. I believe the Mission Impossible theme was chosen to bring in the fans from the TV Series, like myself.

Overall, I would rate the 2 Mission Impossible movies as follows:

2 starorange.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th May, 2006 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Movies Impossible Mission

I thought the first one was great. I even bought the sound track to it. It had an intense feel to it and kept me on the edge of my seat. The second one really lacked that luster and I found my self wishing the movie would just end. As for the third one, its supposed to be better than number two, but I won't be seeing it till it comes out on video. After Tom Cruise would not promote his movie if the South Park episode aired, I lost respect for him and will not watch his movie in the theatre.

> TOPIC: Mission Impossible Movies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,