Civilians On Police Duty

Civilians Police Duty - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th May, 2006 - 2:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Is this a good idea?
Post Date: 11th May, 2006 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Civilians On Police Duty

CIVILIANS USED ON POLICE DUTY

Police are boosting their thin blue line by putting civilians in uniform and paying them to perform low-level duties such as guarding crime scenes.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3663954a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
11th May, 2006 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Duty Police Civilians

I have to agree about the uniform debate. There should be a level of responsibility associated with wearing a constable uniform. Other than that, I don't have a problem with civilians performing some 'police-type' duties.
I once saw a news story about a small retirement town in Florida. A lot of older folks were given the authority to patrol their neighborhoods in golf carts, looking for suspicious activity. They were given police radios to call in for help, or to call in something that didn't seem right. It gave these retired people something to do with their time, and also freed up the very small police force to tackle bigger issues. It seemed to work well for this community.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

11th May, 2006 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Civilians On Police Duty History & Civil Business Politics

There already are civilians who perform "police" duty. They are called security guards, aka bouncers.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

> TOPIC: Civilians On Police Duty

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,