Stephen King - Page 2 of 3

I just finished listening to the unabridged - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 11th Jan, 2014 - 7:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Stephen King Discussion
4th Apr, 2007 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King - Page 2

Well I must confess that I am an avid fan of horror and science fiction books and movies, so naturally, I would choose Stephen King as my favourite author. Critics do not seem to like him very much since he is one of the few authors, who never suffered from "writer's block." Unfortunately, I haven't been able to read all of his books but the ones that I have enjoyed are: Pet Semetary, Skeleton Crew, Cujo and Carrie. I am fascinated by the way he creates suspense and horror at the same time. You can't help but turn the pages faster and when you do reach the ending, it is never a disappointment. I consider Stephen King as the master of horror and suspense.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2009 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King
A Friend

King Stephen

Stephen King is easily one of the best writers alive today. His description is so natural and all of his characters are so fascinating. He knows how to tell a good story.

I have a soft spot for "It". I would probably consider that my favourite. I've heard that there is going to be a movie made based on the novel. Also, I'm starting on "The Stand", which has been quite good thus far.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2010 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King
A Friend

Stephen King UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Have you read his latest "Under the dome"? Very, very good. It is a giant book but I flew through it in a matter of a week.

Curious if any of you have read it and your reviews?

2nd Feb, 2010 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

Page 2 King Stephen

He is a good writer that is true. However many of his ideas for books come from old mythology. Stories of devils and legends from the dark ages and prior. In this day it seems everything has been done. Steven takes it to another level by translating those old tales into modern ones. I wish him many more years of writing. Yet, before you think of him as the most creative person in the universe who never has writers block. Do some research in demonology and you will find many many similarities in his stories to tales of old.

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2010 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Stephen King
A Friend

King Stephen

Well, I don't know if I would go so far as to say the best writer of all time however he does have quite the imagination and the ability to put that wealth of imagery into words.

As for taking from other stories, it's all but impossible to NOT take from others. Seeing how man has been writing for 1000's of years, some influence is going to happen. The great thing is that when he does out right sample something, he acknowledges it up front and gives credit where it is due.

I also don't really take him for a "horror" writer. Really, more Sci-fi than anything. His Dark Tower series is truly classic and far from anything "horror". For years I didn't read him because I didn't want to read "horror".

2nd Feb, 2010 - 9:04am / Post ID: #

Stephen King

He is very good. I actually like his earlier work better than modern. 'IT' would be in my top ten books of all time. I would love to write like him. His autobiography and how to write book was an excellent read.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st May, 2012 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Stephen King - Page 2

Rhetoric Alert: Stephen King

So there might be a little bit of hypocrisy coming from the media. In a new op-ed, Stephen King claims that the rich could be headed the way of Marie Antoinette, who "lost her head", if they don't change their tune and pay 'their fair share" of taxes. Isn't that just threatening people with a guillotine? It's weird because not long ago Glenn was criticized for saying that "Occupy" would call for and bring about violence in the street - but I guess the media has no problem ignoring the violent rhetoric when it's coming from someone like Stephen King. Surely they will pay attention when it's not a celebrated author calling for violence, but rather anonymous masses carrying out their brand of vigilante justice in the streets. Ref. Source 5

Stephen King
Stephen King (Hover)

11th Jan, 2014 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I just finished listening to the unabridged audiobook of The Stand. It's long but good. While listening, I was following along, with my mind, with the mini-series. It's, of course, different, and longer, but has more character development.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Stephen King

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,