Police & Stun Guns

Police Stun Guns - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th May, 2006 - 1:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th May, 2006 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Police & Stun Guns

DON'T TRUST POLICE WITH STUN GUNS - HUMAN RIGHTS GROUPS

Police should not be trusted with taser stun guns in light of recent controversy over possible abuses of pepper spray, human rights groups say.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3666427a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
13th May, 2006 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Guns Stun and Police

About a year ago, there was an incident in the city I live in, where a police officer reached for his stun gun to subdue an unruly person he was arresting. He mistakenly pulled his real gun, and shot the guy. The man survived and sued the city and won the lawsuit. This lead to stricter regulations against police and stun gun use in the city.

Personally, I don't have a problem with law enforcement using stun guns, so long as they are used properly and with good justification. I can see why the public may have reservations about this, but the police force need all the help they can in combatting criminals and doing their jobs.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

> TOPIC: Police & Stun Guns

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,