Indonesia vs Australia - Page 2 of 2

Indonesia's 'huge over-reaction' - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Jan, 2017 - 5:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Australian versus Indonesia
3rd Jul, 2015 - 5:47am / Post ID: #

Indonesia vs Australia - Page 2

I think what people forgot, was that the two men who were killed by death penalty did the wrong thing in a country when it was known the penalty for couriering drugs is death. I personally do not believe in the death penalty, and Australia as a country does not have the death penalty. However, if you travel to other countries, knowingly breaking the law, then you have to be ready for differing laws to your own. Australia has the same right at telling another country how t punish their prisoners, as another country has to tell Australia how to punish our prisoners. When these two men were first arrested, the media portrayed them as foolish young men who would possibly get the death penalty because of the extremeness of their crimes. This was 10 years ago and these men have been left wondering when their death would come to play. I believe that was wrong, to drag it out. The other thing, I did not agree on was when they were put to death, their families were very close. So close, they heard the gun fire. This was, to me, unnecessary torture for their family.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2017 - 5:24am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Australia Indonesia

Indonesia's 'huge over-reaction'

INDONESIA has farcically suspended its military relationship with Australia after one of its officers took offence. Ref. Source 4b.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Indonesia vs Australia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,