Mobiles Stole Every 12 Seconds

Mobiles Stole 12 Seconds - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th May, 2006 - 8:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Lancaster, England
Post Date: 16th May, 2006 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

BRITISH MOBILES STOLEN EVERY 12 SECONDS

LONDON: Thieves steal a mobile phone every 12 seconds in Britain, with the northwest city of Lancaster the worst hotspot, according to insurance company figures.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3669710a28~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th May, 2006 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Seconds Stole Mobiles

I just want to know how your mobile gets stolen so easily. I have mine on a clip that is hard for me to remove, none the less someone else in a hurry. I don't use it allot so its not in my hand that much either. I don't understand why more people don't call the phone company immediately and the police, that way it can be shut off and mark so that if someone trys to activate it they will get caught. This being done constantly would start to slow the theft of mobile phones because it would be more trouble than its worth.

17th May, 2006 - 8:03am / Post ID: #

Mobiles Stole Every 12 Seconds History & Civil Business Politics

The problem here, is that a lot of the phones are not on contract, ie-- not tied down to paying monthly on them, you just buy a card for the phone with whichever company you choose, then just 'top up' the payment on it whenever you need it from a local post office or grocery store.

Nobody knows who owns half the phones, that's why it's such easy pickings for thieves, also because the rate of theft is high, the police don't seem to want to know about it either.

My Son had his stolen from his works locker in February, one of his 'work friends' picked the lock and stole the phone, and the police didn't want to know. He also had $20 credit on the phone.

Out of his first wage packet, he bought himself a new phone, and we thought that was the end of the matter until Monday, he got a phone call from one of our church links 50 miles away, asking him what time he would be arriving to give a talk. My Son didn't know anything about it, as the church had text him requesting he give a biblical talk way back in February, and the cheeky so and so who stole my Son's phone had the cheek to reply back and say that my Son would be delighted to give the talk.

This has left us in absolute chaos this Saturday, as we have now got to arrange transport for him to travel 50 miles, as we didn't think it was fair to let the church down at the last minute, even though it was actually the thief who had made the arrangement in the first place!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

> TOPIC: Mobiles Stole Every 12 Seconds

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,