Trail Or Lead

Trail Lead - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 9th Jun, 2006 - 4:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Which one is better?
5th Jun, 2006 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Trail Or Lead

Trail or Lead?

Which one do you think is better if you won a coin toss? To have the other team bat first and then try to beat their score or chose to bat first and stop the other team from reaching your score when it is their turn to bat?

Sponsored Links:
9th Jun, 2006 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Lead Trail

I assume you are talking about One-day internationals JB? If so, then I believe trailing is better. It seems to me that when teams know what score they have to reach, their run rate improves just that much to achieve the goal. For instance, team A bats first and scores 200. Team B ends up scoring 200 in the 50th over. If the same two teams play again, Team A scores 250, Team B scores 250 in the 49th or 50th over. Same teams, but in both cases the goal was reached even though the run rate was higher in game 2. For Team A, they just have to hope they can score a lot of runs, and hope their bowling can contain.

9th Jun, 2006 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Trail Or Lead Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Yes, that is what I meant, and I agree with you, having something to work towards seems to be more of an incentive - unless the score you have to reach is really high then that kills morale.

> TOPIC: Trail Or Lead

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,