Promises

Promises - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 5th Jun, 2006 - 10:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2006 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Promises
A Friend

Promises

What does religion say about keeping promises you did not understand when you made them?

Sponsored Links:
5th Jun, 2006 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Promises

That is such a general question that it may be hard to answer since each religious organization will have a different reply, for instance:

1. One may say that before you made a promise you ought to understand the consequences.

2. One may say that any promise made must be kept regardless to your understanding of it or not.

3. Lastly, one may say that you are not to understand, you are merely to obey.

Maybe you should expound more on what you are looking for, give an example, etc.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2006 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Promises
A Friend

Promises Beliefs Religious General

A girl made a promise to play a game not understanding the nature of the game
the game would embarrass her greatly though only in privet.

There was no intent to hide the nature of the game just assumed that she understood what she was agreeing to.

She later tried to back out of the game in the middle of the game when her promise was to play the game till its agreed upon end.

In particular (I spell checked this word it said its wrong but could not suggest the right spelling) I'm curious about the mormon stance on this but I would not mind hearing the stances other religions would take as well.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Run spell checker before posting.

5th Jun, 2006 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Promises

Your example, at least for me, makes your inquiry more confusing. I would rather if you used a promise based on Religion and not a game.

Next, this Board is not for inquiries about LDS Doctrine, you can find that in the Studies of Latter-Day Saints Board. This is for General Religion.

Offtopic but,
Please read the READ ME FIRST Thread in the recommended Board if you intend on posting there. Also, be mindful of our Constructive Posting Policy.

> TOPIC: Promises

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,