Islam: The Propaganda War

Islam Propaganda War - Studies of Islam - Posted: 16th Jul, 2007 - 4:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
22nd May, 2006 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

At present the Western world is consumed by a "war" against Islamic terrorists. While there is clear evidence that such terrorists exist, I want to discuss how big this threat is, and, whether Western propaganda is fuelling this war?

I have begun this topic after watching a seriously disturbing US Defence lie on TV that is nothing more than propaganda. The Defence Department have told a US Congressional Committee that a video game has been made to try and incite Muslims to join Jihad. This viedo game was a user-modified version of Battlefield 2 actually made by a Dutch muslim man who was having a bit of fun with his favourite game.

Reuters pounced on the US Defence Department lie and it has spread like wildfire across the world. The Australian Mediawatch program investigated and discovered it was a clear fake, but the defence department told Mediawatch they still stand by their assertion. Yes, the media should be more careful with their reporting, but what about Government departments lying?

Game fan video mistaken by DOD for al-Qaeda recruitment video

Mediawatch uncovers the truth

An interesting sidenote about this is that the US Army has also endorsed a video game, some might argue, for similar reasons.

America's Army

It's obvious the terrorists use video footage for their propaganda campaigns, we see it in the MSM all the time. But should an organisation as reputable as the US Defence Department stoop to this level?

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 22nd May, 2006 - 12:48pm

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2006 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

War Propaganda Islam

I understand your points Arvhic, but I think the issue is that terrorism is growing so fast around the world that anything that seems to be a terrorist tool is being reported as such without proper investigation. I personally think they are just mistakes of the Media who wants to be the first ones to report it but I do not think is a campaign to fuel this war. I think some Muslim nations are doing that all on their own without no help whatsoever. With regards to the government's position, it is always of benefit to them these type of news because it strenghen their views about terrorism in general and particularly justifies once again their presence in Iraq and other countries.

23rd May, 2006 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Islam: The Propaganda War Islam Studies

I agree that the media is partly to blame for this. They just pounce on anything they believe will sell newspapers. But, the US Defence Department reported this video game as evidence of Islamist propaganda to a Congressional Committee hearing. Where was their investigation?

The media are responsible for what they report, but where does the responsibility lie for the Government? Or are we becoming so accustomed to our elected representatives lying we just blame the media for misinformation?

If this type of news is of benefit to them and they are creating the news, then isn't that propaganda?

I'm not sure if it is Muslim nations, or certain Islamists terrorist groups who are creating the most propaganda. I saw an interesting documentary recently about the Internet being used to build up the "legend" of Al-Zarqarwi and recruit impressionable young men to the Iraq battlefields.

Offtopic but,
I really don't believe this is a discussion about Islam as such, despite my use of heading, which I agree was misleading.

4th Jul, 2007 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

War Propaganda Islam

Here is why the 'propaganda' is not all sensational - see the bold part in the report below from a journalist who was actually there in the midst of these Islamists / Muslim fanatics / whatever you want to call them:

Freed BBC Gaza reporter Alan Johnston says he was in the hands of "dangerous and unpredictable" people during his four months in captivity.
Ref. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

15th Jul, 2007 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

War Propaganda Islam

Exactly, we also know about the "graduation" of suicide bombers, is that a Media product as well? Everywhere you turn, whether we want to admit it or not, terrorism is linked somehow to Islam. I do not think nobody in the right mind can tell me there are "few isolated cases" of terrorists being Muslims. spock.gif

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2007 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

LDS_forever very hastily attributes terrorists to islam/muslims based on what she manages to salvage from CNN/BBC/FOX etc. Unless she hasn't noticed these news agencies are now notorious for their bias.

Here is why the 'propaganda' is not all sensational - see the bold part in the report below from a journalist who was actually there in the midst of these Islamists / Muslim fanatics / whatever you want to call them:

Islamists? Muslim fanatics? Lets call them what they really are, Clinically Insane/delusional/Lunatics/Criminals. Why tag the religion of Islam with them? Based on one kidnapping by a bunch of loonies you conclude that the media is fair in its coverage of Islam?

Id like to coin a new term Christianists, Jewists, Sikhists, Buddhistists

Lets list the Christianists:
Ku Klux Klan, BNP, Chrisitan Identity, IRA, UFF, UVF Eric Robert Rudolph, Nagaland Rebels, Clayton Waagner, David McMenemy, Army of God, National Liberation Front of Tripura, Lord's Resistance Army, Christian Patriot, George W Bush, Tony Blair

Jewists:
Irgun, Stern, Kach, Kahane Chai, Jewish Defense League, Gush Emunim, Lehi, IDF.

Sikhists:
Babbar Khalsa, Bhinderanwala Tiger Force of Khalistan, International Sikh Youth Federation, Dashmesh Regiment, Khalistan Commando Force, Khalistan Liberation Force, Khalistan Liberation Front, Khalistan National Army, Khalistan Zindabad Force, Saheed Khalsa Force.

Buddhistists:
Aum Shinrikyo

This list does not even include the likes of Anarchists, Animal Rights activists, Marxists, Nationalists because I could be here all night.

Do people still think terrorism is a islamic/muslim thing?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jul, 2007 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Islam Propaganda War

Karbala:

Islamists? Muslim fanatics? Lets call them what they really are, Clinically Insane/delusional/Lunatics/Criminals. Why tag the religion of Islam with them?

Clinically insane people to happen to be Muslims. Full stop. Since (acknowledged by you) the Islam do not excommunicate people then they ARE part of the Islam. We cannot hide our head in the sand and pretend that religion is just a "small" detail when they talk about the Quran and Allah when they commit these atrocities. I just do not understand how you cannot see this.

As a Christian, I have NO issues with your list. It is true, in the name of the God of Christianity MANY were tortured and killed. Now, why can't YOU just accept the fact that many of the members of your Religion are indeed terrorists?

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2007 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Islam Propaganda War Studies Islam

LDS_forever:

It is true, in the name of the God of Christianity MANY were tortured and killed. Now, why can't YOU just accept the fact that many of the members of your Religion are indeed terrorists?

Why cant you understand. My religion HAS NO MEMBERSHIP. Islam is NOT A CLUB or an ORGANISATION. A muslim is simply one who testifies the Shahada (ie "I bear witness there is One God and Mohammad is his messenger). What I can say for sure is that these muslims are all going to hell. They have nothing to do with the religion of Islam. If I was ever to meet one of these people face to face I would send them to hell myself.

Do you think Islam/Quran is responsible or influenced what these people do? The Quran will never agree to what these people do. They will all burn in hell for their crimes.

The conclusion you are trying to make is absurd. Its like me saying that the Bible and Christianity is responsible and had a part in the actions of KKK. No sensible person will ever associate the religion of Christianity or the Bible with those lunatics. Yet you cannot deny the KKK were all "Christians". Yet they have nothing to do with the nation of Christians.

Please stop the madness. Its almost as if you are desparate to pin AL-Qaeda and the lot to Islam. Do you find muslims desparate to pin KKK or Christian Terrorist organisations to the religion of Christianity?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Islam: The Propaganda War

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,