Man Killed Wife And Her Son Over Lds Church

Man Killed Wife Son Lds Church - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th May, 2006 - 2:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd May, 2006 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Man Killed Wife And Her Son Over Lds Church

It seems like the wife and her son wanted to join the LDS Church but her husband was in strong opposition. Tragic story.

"FRAMINGHAM, Mass. --A 30-year-old Framingham man was arrested Sunday for allegedly beating to death his wife and her 11-year-old son, and authorities said the woman's religious affiliation may have been a motive.

Jeremias Bins was charged with two counts of murder and will be arraigned Monday in Framingham District Court. He turned himself in early Sunday, shortly after police found his wife, Carla Souza, 37, and her son, Caique, severely beaten in the couple's home.

Middlesex District Attorney Martha Coakley said a motive is still under investigation, but mentioned Souza's involvement in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints may have factored.

"There was some disagreement between them about her involvement in the church and his disapproval of it," she said at a news conference.

Bins showed up at the Framingham Police Department around 12:30 a.m. Sunday carrying a 5-month-old baby boy, who is his son with Souza. The baby was not hurt, and is now in the custody of the Department of Social Services, police said.

Caique is Souza's son from a previous relationship..."

https://www.boston.com/news/local/massachus...?p1=MEWell_Pos3

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2006 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Church Lds Son Her Wife Killed Man

This is really tragic, and such a terrible event of rage being unfolded.
I find it hard to understand how somebody could murder his family over religion.In my opinion, he must always have been violent towards his wife, a person doesn't normally change their personality so drastically as to fly into a violent murderous rage.
It is doubly tragic as it involves an innocent child.
I can understand how bringing a new religion into the family can upset a partner/husband/wife, but certainly not to this extent.
The ironic thing to my mind is the fact that his wife was only seeking peace and love from God within her life, and ended up meeting with a violent end.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

23rd May, 2006 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Man Killed Wife And Her Son Over Lds Church History & Civil Business Politics

I agree with what Diane has said, I am wondering how much the woman was trying to seek help with what may have been a violent situation when the threat of religious intervention set off the male. I am of course just making an assumption, but it sounds as if there could have been some sort of violence that led up to her going to the church as a last resort. Sort of in confidence since going to the police is very public as is a hospital. Especially for low-income families. Either way, it is a tragic and horrible crime.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 3 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.3%

24th May, 2006 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

I agree that it sounds as if this man has a violent past - beating your wife and step-son to death over religion is an extreme reaction! I would guess that the autopsy may reveal previous beatings of both the boy and the woman.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

Offtopic but,
Long ago I read that the percentage of children killed by step-fathers is very high ~ and similar to communities of apes.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

24th May, 2006 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

As a Return Missionary for the LDS Church I can tell you that I have seen people become quite aggressive with family Members over them joining the Church. I have literally seen the after effects of people being shoved or kicked out their home, enticed into sex, or physically hurt because of their wanting to attach themselves to 'something new'. This is another form of persecution and abuse that often is left unrecognized by those who focus on the 'change of the potential convert' rather than those who should accept the change of the person.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Man Killed Wife And Her Son Over Lds Church

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,