Trinity Cross

Trinity Cross - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 13th Jul, 2007 - 5:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

National Award
Post Date: 27th May, 2006 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Trinity Cross

Trinity Cross

Well, this has been going on for a couple of years - the dispute that the Trinity Cross, a national award, should be changed because it is a Christian symbol that is not in league with non-Christian citizens who may be receiving it. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2006 - 6:11am / Post ID: #

Trinity Cross
A Friend

Cross Trinity

I don't know that it should be an issue. It is for distinguished and outstanding service to T&T. Perhaps someone from there has a different opinion, but the honor of the award still stands even if you aren't religious. We still give crosses for outstanding service in the US as well and it doesn't seem to be an issue.

user posted image

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2006 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Trinity Cross
A Friend

Trinity Cross Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I think that people who are looking for discrimination issues, will always find them.

Isn't the obvious next step after claiming that the national awards are biased against other faiths, to claim that the name of the country ought to be changed, also?

Maybe I suppose, their ancestors who chose to come here, didn't realize that, at the time?

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2006 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Trinity Cross
A Friend

Cross Trinity

Well its good to have a National Award which represents the true make up of the country not just the Christians but all its Citizens.

They Should move to a Non-Religious Award as well.

Reconcile Edited: Trini808 on 20th Dec, 2006 - 8:17pm

21st Apr, 2007 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Cross Trinity

Trinidadians always seem to enjoy making "much ado about nothing!" Why can't people understand that it is an honour to be a recipient of this award? The Trinity Cross is solely given for outstanding service to Trinidad and Tobago. I seriously doubt by accepting this award would affect an individual's religious beliefs. It is amazing how much Trinidadians would fuss over matters like this but when it comes to high food prices, no one is ready to take a stand. Go figure!

13th Jul, 2007 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Trinity Cross

Why are some Trinis (it appears a lot) so chupidy?
Outstanding service to one's country of birth and finding fault with the Award given is truly obscene! Take the Award back and give it to Danah!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Trinity Cross

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,